PDA

View Full Version : Question about losing body fat

Joker32
08-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Curiousity is getting to me, tommorow im gonna get measurements and fat % updated...if a month ago i was 185 pounds at 20% body fat...started cutting and after going on a really healthy diet im down to 175. How much % change should i expect?

sharkall2003
08-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Depends on how much muscle you gained.

Shao-LiN
08-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Curiousity is getting to me, tommorow im gonna get measurements and fat % updated...if a month ago i was 185 pounds at 20% body fat...started cutting and after going on a really healthy diet im down to 175. How much % change should i expect?

If you lost all fat and no muscle (it does happen, but not easily), then do the math. 185 at 20% bodyfat = 37 pounds of fat. Subtract 10 pounds and you have 27 pounds of fat on a 175 pound frame, which is around 15% bodyfat or so. If you lost all muscle and no fat (which is not likely if you were at least somewhat sane with diet and exercise), then you still have 37 pounds of fat on a 175 pound frame, which is an extra % of fat or so. Yada yada yada. There are so many variations, we can't predict an exact percentage. You could have lost 5 pounds of fat and 5 pounds of muscle, or any variation of that. So, if you want a range, anywhere from 0-5% change in bodyfat maybe. And that's not factoring in LBM gains if you did make any.