PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with diet

Gutz981
08-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Alright I've always trained for strength for powerlifting and whatnot but now I wanna get my diet in order because I feel as though I need to look good...Basicly what I am asking is for help with my diet I weigh 150 what are my matenince cals? what percentages of my intake should be protein? Carbs? Fats? I just really need some help with this one thanks in advance

HILL
08-19-2005, 11:02 AM
as many people im sure are guna say this especially built to find out your maintenance cals you have to eat a set amount of cals and see if you loose or gain weight then change it up or down till you stop gaining/loosing weight. also as built has already stated many times its not percentages aim for about 1g-1.5gp per pound lean body mass and 0.5g fat per pound of lean body mass. then the rest with carbs.

not trying to pinch anything from built this is just really good advice and has really helped with mydiet

Built
08-19-2005, 12:24 PM
My reputation preceeds me. :D

Thanks HILL.

Gutz, track your current intake on www.fitday.com for a week. That ought to give you a rough idea of YOUR maintenance calories.

Then you can increase or decrease according to your goals. Either way, don't go too fast - a few hundred daily calories, see what happens after a couple weeks, then another...

cphafner
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
As was suggested, track your cals for a week to figure out your maintenance levels. Everyone is different, but most maintain on 16-20 cals per lb. I would start a bulk at around 20's per bw and see how your body responds, then adjust up or down 300 cals a day until your find the right amount at cals needed to get 1-2 lbs a week(assuming a pretty slow bulk) or 2-3 lbs per work(heavier bulk).