PDA

View Full Version : quick recipes to take in more protein powder

PoutineEh
08-19-2005, 11:48 AM
i apologize for posting this question because it has prob. been asked a lot, but whenever i do a search on this site, i get a page that says
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/forums/public_html/search.php on line 839"
as a result, i cant search...

now with that out of the way, i was wondering if you guys can post your favorite ways of taking in protein powder. i currently have nitrean vanilla and cytosport chocolate bean. i got alittle sick of mixing protein with oatmeal or just cooking plain old eggs and i want other ways of increasing my protein throughout the day through the use of little snacks like bars or shakes. what combinations of fruit do you like to make shakes with? got any helpful links on making homemade protein bars? my friend who is pretty built recommends eating a lot of almonds, is it ok if i just eat a ton of almonds throughout the day or should i be careful due to the amount of fat? any info on delicious ways of getting more protein would be great.

HILL
08-19-2005, 11:53 AM
got this out of the recipe section

Not a ton of calories but I like the taste of this one, and its EASY

1 cup Natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
1&1/4 cups whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together (get your hands in man!!) ADD A SPLASH OF MILK IF OVERLY DRY!!! but will be somewhat dry in bowl Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Firmly press into 8x8 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 8 to 10 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge!!
15 scoops of protein = 130g
Approx Nutrition values of entire recipe.
2800 calories
175 gr protien
249 gr carbs
145 gr fat

HILL
08-19-2005, 11:53 AM
also as im cutting at the moment im cooking chicken breast or turkey breast on a night and putting them in foil. just eat them as i go the next day. 25g protein each.

getfit
08-19-2005, 12:16 PM
in add protein powder in my yogurt with mixed berries!

Jorge Sanchez
08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't use whey protein anymore but milk, vanilla whey, and a banana was a pretty standard shake for me.

Now when I need some extra protein I take a cup of cottage cheese and mix it with a can of tuna and 4tbsp of salsa. I can't remember the exact value but its a ****load of protein, and it doesn't taste too bad either.

thetopdog
08-19-2005, 01:00 PM
There's no easier way to get protein than shakes. I personally don't see the point of ruining the taste of any of my food by adding foul tasting whey to it when I can just down a shake with as much protein as I want in about 15 seconds

Shao-LiN
08-19-2005, 07:25 PM
My whey tastes pretty damn good, personally.

PoutineEh
08-19-2005, 11:48 PM
mmmm.... sounds good. i also like buying packages of jello chocolate pudding that is sweetend with splenda. if memory serves me, one of the jello packages has about 1.5 grams of fat and about 60 calories and tastes pretty good for how easy it is to make and lets me down a full scoop of vanilla protein