PDA

View Full Version : tank abbott benched 600

ilankaplan1
08-21-2005, 08:28 AM
i just watched the video when tank abbott from UFC benched 600 lbs. did anybody else see this ??

Sensei
08-21-2005, 09:20 AM
I've seen it. It wouldn't pass in a meet, but he's definately one strong SOB.

chris mason
08-21-2005, 09:41 AM
The same way others do it, he worked at it.

drew
08-21-2005, 10:18 AM
I find this thread extremely amusing. Jeff Abbott is my Uncle's name. Chris Mason is my cousin's name. Neither of them lift though. :D

ThatSkinnyGuy
08-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Powerlifting works, I guess. He sure doesn't have a bodybuilder's physique, if ya know what I mean. He's probably the, or one of the, physically strongest people in the UFC. In the video I got though he doesn't pause and there is definite chest-bounce-action present.

How bout big Bob Sapp? He must move mountains!
http://www.bodybuildinguniverse.com/images/articles/sapp/bob-sapp_small.jpg

Seen him do some mean things to some big guys in PRIDE. Anyone catch his bout with Kimo? Imagine this guy punching you in the back of the head. Just think about it.

nejar462
08-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Err. I'd actually be more scared of a silva beating than a Bob Sapp or Tank Abbott one. Though they'd all beat me senseless anyway...

ilankaplan1
08-21-2005, 03:36 PM
no man ive seen bob sapp and tank fight ,theyre big dudes, sapp was a football player i think but theyre not great fighters, and i bet a lot of the smaller guys in UFC hit /kick harder than both of em. but i aint sayin **** cause theyd both kick my ass

ThatSkinnyGuy
08-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, physical aptitude helps in a fight for SURE, but I've yet to see a huge dude with dexterity equivalent to that of someone like Liddell or Silva, even Arlovski, but man, he could literally pick one us up and throw them at the others. That's freaking cool.

Wonder what kind of psi is created when someone who benches 600lbs throws a right cross? Could they literally crack a human skull, ya think? Not up on my biophysics like I was.

Paul Stagg
08-21-2005, 05:17 PM
If it wasn't in a meet, it has nothing to do with powerlifting.