PDA

View Full Version : No Strict Diet - However, I wish to bulk

implinet
08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey Guys,

I currently have no diet at all, and I wish to gain more weight, as well as staying lean.

Im 6"1 and around 155lbs. I want to hit 180lbs before Xmas. Is this possible?

If so, what should I typically be eating each day?

Im currently lifting heavy and hard, low reps and gaining a little size that way. However, if I maintain a diet, my size gains should be bigger each month?

I've gained a couple of pounds whilst taking creatine, but have been notified that this is mainly a water gain, therefore I am unsure whether or not to do creatine again.

I also take one Met-RX protein shake every day.

Any help on gaining 15lbs before xmas would be much appreciated, the faster, the better - As long as I can still stay lean. Therefore I guess the slower, the better?

Regards

Unreal
08-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Track cals, eat alot, and eat clean. Read what a body builder eats.

Griffin98
08-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Is it 15lbs you wanna gain or 25lbs? Going from 155 to 180 would be a 25lb gain and sure as heck isn't going to be all muscle if you want to have it done by Christmas. If it's just the numbers you're concerned about, I'd suggest a see-food diet. If you see food, you eat it. Eat anything and everything. If you see a cow, eat it.

However, I will suggest that you try to consume as much healthy food as possible. Don't just gorge at McDonald's because you can. Although, the occasional Big Mac makes a nice calorie boost. :burger:

cosmicdebree88
08-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Everybody is different. However, I know for me, a 25lb gain in that amount of time would not be possible without either adding fat or using steroids. This past year has been my most successful year thus far. I went from 163lbs at 5'9.5" to 203 at 5'10" in one year without increasing in bf% too much (possibly 1-2% gain tops). To do this I stuck to a very intense workout schedule and was on a perpetual bulk (bf% went up and down but not due to any cutting). This for me was very difficult. If you are a very genetically gifted individual then maybe you can add 25lbs in that amount of time with VERY strict dieting/training. However, realistically I think you should just start tracking your calories/macronutrients and try to get 1-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight. Eating junk is ok once in a while but not every day. While doing this you will gain fat. However, since at the same time you are putting on muscle the muscle will make it MUCH easier to drop the extra fat later. Hope this helps :)

implinet
08-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Right ok, Thanks guys for the help.

How can I track my calories etc without saving the wrapper from everything I eat in a day, and then writing this down?

Could somebody post up a typical days diet?

Regards

ReelBigFish
08-22-2005, 11:05 AM
www.fitday.com or you can use www.calorieking.com , www.nutritiondata.com and just keep track of the cals on paper or whatever.

implinet
08-22-2005, 12:53 PM
So would it just be the calories that I would be tracking?

Regards

jkirkpatrick
08-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Answer to your original question: drink milk and lots of it.

malkore
08-22-2005, 01:48 PM
well, fitday.com tracks protein, fats and carbs plus calories. also tracks vitamins, and lets you put in custom foods (like your protein shake, daily multivitamins, stuff like that).

I also use fitday to track what days I worked out, did cardio, or just sat on my ass and rested.
Don't be shy, click on my Fitday link below to see the type of stuff it tracks. and its free.
people would be surprised by how their macros look when they really track stuff.

I also suggest a good kitchen scale for weighing food out, especially since fitday lets you enter most foods by cooked weight, raw weight, etc.

My Fitday Journal (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=malcor)

antor
08-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Answer to your original question: drink milk and lots of it.

Expect fat gains from drinking lots of milk. but since your 150lbs and 6ft, I think this would be a good thing, Donīt get obsessed with tracking calories untill u bumped your weight up to 170/180

Drink milk like itīs going out of fashion and eat like a cow/horse

galileo
08-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I'd say chicken, beef, milk, oatmeal, and peanut butter yourself to death for the next few months.

implinet
08-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Ok,

So in order for me to bulk and add quality mass,

Should I be consuming high proteins, carbs, calories....?

I'm just new to this - So excuse any stupidy!

Regards