PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about pre-cooking

bassman09
08-22-2005, 05:29 AM
I am currently pre-cooking my 7 chicken breast for the week as well as baking 7 potatoes. How long can they safely stay in the fridge after they have been cooked?

malkore
08-22-2005, 09:31 AM
I think the recommendation is only 4 days. Still easier to cook em twice a week than every single day.
Biggest thing is make sure you reheat to proper temperature, so if any bacteria did form, you kill it off.

HILL
08-22-2005, 09:59 AM
i dont reheat mine just get stuck into them cold its not the tatse you want really is it. i would cook them twice a week

ReelBigFish
08-22-2005, 10:12 AM
you'll be fine. I've cooked mine on sat. and eaten them next fri. and I'm fine. I do this quite often by the way.

bassman09
08-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the replies. After searching the net a little I learned that cooked chicken should only be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days so I am going to cook them all at once but freeze 3 or 4 and thaw them out mid week. As for the potatoes I can't seem to find any info on how to store them AFTER they've been cooked. It is not recommended to put them in the fridge when storing them in general as it will turn them a dark color and cause them to sweeten. I am assuming the same would apply to a cooked potato. I don't see any harm in storing my pre-cooked potatoes in a cool, dark place just like the fresh ones, does anybody else?