PDA

View Full Version : What food do you bring to work?

pudzian
08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
I was just wondering whats meals you can bring to work if you have access to a microwave. I heard you cant reheat chicken for safety reasons. I just bring either a chicken sandwich, or a tuna pasta meal, what do you bring, alos considering time, like you cant have a big massive meal.

getfit
08-22-2005, 03:15 PM
i think this has already been done!

malkore
08-22-2005, 03:31 PM
you can't reheat chicken? huh?
wrong! but do make sure you heat it thoroughly to kill off any possible bacteria that formed, mainly if its a few days old.

chicken pre cut, brown rice, and veggies...that's what I bring to the office to nuke.

Paul Stagg
08-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Virtually anything that will fit in my cooler.

Of course you can reheat chicken. Where do people come up with this stuff?

getfit
08-22-2005, 04:11 PM
my office is at home so....:D

Minotaur
08-22-2005, 04:19 PM
I bring cottage cheese, sliced nova salmon, vegs, beef, chicken, grilled salmon, tuna salad, egg salad, and all kinds of other (keto) foods in Rubbermaid TakeAlongs that I put in my insulated lunch bag.

Minotaur
08-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Where do people come up with this stuff?

The internet? :D

Paul Stagg
08-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Well, the internet sucks.

John04Civic
08-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I usually bring a large can of tuna (in veggy oil.. 550 cals 65gs protein) along with 4 slices of bread and have samwiches.

I also pack a serving of MRP to drink while I am working (290 cals 45gs protein).

sharkall2003
08-22-2005, 04:35 PM
I usually have a banana, a rotisserie chicken and some italian bread.

Built
08-22-2005, 04:39 PM
This is pretty normal lately:

1 600 ml tub lowfat cottage cheese
1 peach
2 cups berries
10 ounces of chicken breast and or steak
an avocado
an orange pepper
2 cups romaine
1 cup cooked green beans
2 ounces mixed raw nuts
balsamic vinegar
protein waffle (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1019564&postcount=4)

shansen008
08-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Whatever is fresh that day at my restaurant.

This morning for breakfast i had a beef stir fry omelette made with sesame oil...mmmmmmm.

CarlP
08-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Shakes and sandwiches.

thajeepster
08-23-2005, 06:18 AM
i usually bring sandwiches, fruit, milk, nuts, and homemade protein bars.... no need to cook anything...

HILL
08-23-2005, 10:17 AM
sarnies, protein shakes, chicken breasts and home made protein bars.

Roark
08-23-2005, 11:08 AM
lately i've been eating 2 hot pocket ultras for lunch while playing yahoo chess in my office

such a fun life i lead

malkore
08-23-2005, 01:02 PM
hot pockets? hope yer bulking ;)

D Breyer
08-23-2005, 01:15 PM
nahh, hot pocket ultras are awesome man... like 400 calories in TWO and... 40g protein? i am pretty sure they aren't too high in carbs or fat either. They are for sure what keeps me sane durring a cut.

Hatred
08-23-2005, 01:35 PM
2 Homemade MRP shakes,
2 avocados
1 cup of almonds
1 meal of whatever
chicken
protein tub
1 tub of cottage cheese.

Canadian Crippler
08-23-2005, 01:50 PM
scoop or two of whey
jar peanuts
a ****load of KD

g00dnick
08-23-2005, 02:04 PM
lol...you can reheat chicken...it will be fine..

galileo
08-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Of course you can reheat chicken. Where do people come up with this stuff?

Perhaps they confused it with you not being able to refreeze chicken?

IRN-BRU
08-23-2005, 03:42 PM
I take in wholemean pitta breads, easy open can of mackeral fillets in water (88g drained), and have thai sweet chilli sauce there. Toasted pitta bread filled with mackeral and chilli sauce is ****ing tasty!

Sure people give you funny comments, but don't knock it till you've tried it. :-) Mackeral is nicer than tuna too, not so dry.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Virtually anything that will fit in my cooler.:withstupi

lately i've been eating 2 hot pocket ultras for lunch while playing yahoo chess in my officeDon't those have nearly a gram of salt per pocket?

Roark
08-23-2005, 05:05 PM
540 mg per supreme pizza ultra pocket

eh, that's not the greatest

but w/ the rest of my cut diet i'm sure i get less than the 2400mg rda

Gutz981
08-23-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm waiting for someone to come up with somehting like 'A chicken breast rolled in protein powder and injected with a protein shake'

Patz
08-23-2005, 08:39 PM
lol..today I had 1 cup 2% cottage cheese, with 2 scoops of vanilla whey and half of a small pack of raisins in it. All mixed up, it wasn't half bad, but the flavor of the cottage cheese kept coming through, which confused my taste buds..lol.

At work I currently have...

30pk of water
cottage cheese
reduced fat peanut butter
oats
raisins
tub of whey

Everything I need to mix, microwave, spoon, fork, napkin..blah blah..

lol..I'm even using the drawers in the empty cubicle next to mine.

Unreal
08-24-2005, 08:41 AM
I need some good school suggestions. I park to far to get to my car between classes, and need to carry my food around. On tues/thurs I'm stuck on campus from 7-5. I don't have much room and no access to a fridge. Yesterday I brough a cup of oats and 4 scoops of nitrean. I do have access to a micro. Any good suggestions?

Stackattack
08-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Two tupperwares of w/w pasta with chicken or ground beef.
Comes to about 1000cals, 80p, 138c all up.

DarthDave
08-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Obviously you want to eat the chunk light tuna for the low mercury levels but this catch was alarming.

Del. tuna breaks another record
This one's for toxic mercury levels
BY MOLLY MURRAY / The News Journal
08/25/2005That monster of a bluefin tuna that Dan Dillon landed back in July was more than a Delaware record-breaker.

Turns out the 873-pound tuna also broke a record for toxicity.

Mercury levels in the fish were 2 1/2 times higher than the action level the Food and Drug Administration sets for commercial fish. An FDA action level is the limit where the agency will take legal action to remove a product from the market.

The mercury also was nearly twice the highest level of mercury ever found by the FDA in fresh or frozen tuna steaks, according to the nonprofit Oceana campaign to protect and restore the world's oceans.

Dillon, of Herndon, Va., donated a 5-pound, frozen tuna filet from his Delaware state record catch to the Oceana campaign for testing. The sample was assessed for mercury contamination at ACZ Laboratories in Steamboat Springs, Colo., said Jackie Savitz, director of the Ocean's Seafood Contamination Campaign.

Savitz said the mercury finding should serve as a wake-up call for consumers -- and as a warning for ocean anglers.

The federal Environmental Protection Agency says that when mercury levels reach more than 1.9 parts per million in fish, people should eat no more than 4 ounces a month -- that's less than what's found in a typical can of tuna. People who have eaten more should cut back on future consumption.

Dillon's fish had mercury levels of 2.5 parts per million.

Bluefin tuna are not often found in seafood markets or on store shelves, but the fish is often used in sushi.

Yellowfin tuna -- a species popular with local anglers and commonly sold at area seafood markets -- is believed to have lower mercury levels because the fish is smaller. There isn't a great deal of testing information available broken down by tuna species, said Kim Warner, a marine pollution scientist with Oceana.

"People are always asking me which fish can I eat," Savitz said. "I usually say stay away from any big fish with teeth."

Dillon's fish was big -- 873 pounds and nine feet, seven inches long.

He said Wednesday he was warned by Delaware fisheries officials that mercury could be a problem in a fish that large. So, he, his family and friends limited how much they ate.

All day Wednesday, he said, friends and family members were calling him about the fish with comments like: "Dillon, I can't believe this story won't go away."

The high level of mercury found in Dillon's fish means it was probably an older fish, Warner said. Bluefin tuna are at the top of the food chain and toxins like mercury accumulate in fish tissue, she said.

It is unlikely that the mercury in Dillon's fish can be traced to Delaware, even though mercury contamination is a concern in the Delaware River.

Atlantic bluefin tuna spawn off the Gulf of Mexico and travel throughout the Atlantic Ocean, Warner said.

They are likely to accumulate mercury by eating smaller fish that spend part of their lives in waters along and near the shorelines, she said.

"It gets into the food chain," she said.

Warner said people who eat small amounts of mercury-contaminated fish don't have a problem.

The FDA recommends that consumers limit canned albacore consumption to no more than 6 ounces a week -- the size of a standard can of tuna fish. The agency also advises women of child-bearing years not to consume four types of fish: swordfish, tile fish, shark and king mackerel.

High exposure to mercury may result in damage to the gastrointestinal tract, nervous system, and kidneys. Symptoms of high exposure to mercury include skin rashes and dermatitis, mood swings, memory loss, mental disturbances and muscle weakness.

Savitz said many consumers are unaware of the warnings. More testing and warnings are needed to protect consumers.

"We don't want to just tell people about the problem. We also want to solve it," Savitz said. "Mr. Dillon has done more than catch a record-breaking fish, he has made an important contribution to our understanding mercury levels in fish. Recreational anglers are on the front lines when it comes to mercury contamination since mercury can occur at very high levels in the fish they catch and eat."

malkore
08-25-2005, 08:58 AM
At work I currently have...
30pk of water
cottage cheese
reduced fat peanut butter
oats
raisins
tub of whey

why the reduced fat peanut butter? natty PB has good fat in it, and not enough sat fat to cry about. is it still natty PB, just has some of the extra oil drained out?
just curious.

Fitnessfreak
08-26-2005, 08:34 PM
To school:
- 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup corn(or peas)
- 200g cooked chicken
- Saled (plain)
- 1 banana
- 1 nectarine
- Sometimes a pria bar
- If its a long day I take a turkey sandwich on two slices of ww bread(no mayo/cheese)

BG5150
08-26-2005, 10:56 PM
I don't work. I got laid off in April, so I decided to take the summer off and live off Uncle Sam! So a lot of my food is consumed at home.

I did take a couple of classes at the community college, and may do so this fall as well, to get an Associates degree. So it's not like I wasted the entire summer. Lotsa fishing, tho'!

BossHawg02
08-27-2005, 02:13 AM
usually hit up subway right by my job then munch a protein bar not too long before I get off work

Big & Tall
08-27-2005, 12:59 PM
1 lb cottage cheese
14 oz chicken and broccoli w/ cheese sauce
tuna, low fat mayo, low carb bread
also sometimes peanuts and a half gallon of skim milk.