PDA

View Full Version : Are Sun Chips Complex Carbs???

Mic Soloist
08-22-2005, 08:10 PM
They are multi-grain chips with no trans fat and no sat fat. Are they complex or simple carbs?

Built
08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Complex, with a boat-load of fat as I recall.

Mic Soloist
08-22-2005, 08:23 PM
<------ bulking on superdrol :)

thajeepster
08-23-2005, 07:16 AM
remember anything less than .5g trans fat perserving is rounded to 0... so if you have a couple servings, that number can get as high as 1-2g .... Those chips are worthless anyhow, if you "MUST"!!!! have chips, try these,

http://www.terrachips.com/

You can find them in almost all grocery stores nowadays, and they are made from sweet potatoes and other nutritious vegetables/potatoes.... plus they are cooked in olive oil, not hydrogenated oils. And they taste good :D

HILL
08-23-2005, 11:19 AM
instead od chips i will get jacket potatoes and cut them up into wedges cover in olive oil and put in oven i like them nice and brown. they are a good tasty replacement for chips in my opinion. i have them with almost anything if i have time to cook cos they can take a while

Manveet
08-23-2005, 02:57 PM
instead od chips i will get jacket potatoes and cut them up into wedges cover in olive oil and put in oven i like them nice and brown. they are a good tasty replacement for chips in my opinion. i have them with almost anything if i have time to cook cos they can take a while

much better alternative I'd say.

Teufelhund
08-23-2005, 03:11 PM
random fact from Wickipedia: Sun Chips are called 'Grain Waves' in Australia/New Zealand.

Also, here is the nutrition info:
http://www.fritolay.com/fl/flstore/cgi-bin/Nutrition_ProdID_3125.htm

Brandon
08-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Sun Chips are called 'Grain Waves' in Australia/New Zealand.

only you would know that, or would think to lookup sun chips on wikipedia!

I'm thinkin BRAIN waves now.. .~~~~~

YungLifter
08-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I tried making my own chips once and they came out pretty good. I just cant cut that thin=\

IdaMAN
08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Go to one of those As Seen On TV stores. They usually have something that will slice things thin.

Fitnessfreak
08-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Isn't it dangerous to use oliove oil to fry potatoes? I heard there are some health issues surrounding that. I think the composition of olive oil changes when its heated to high temperatures.

BG5150
08-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Isn't it dangerous to use oliove oil to fry potatoes? I heard there are some health issues surrounding that. I think the composition of olive oil changes when its heated to high temperatures.
I don't think he was frying them...baking them. I make roasted potatoes all the time. Not to hijack the thread, but here's a very easy recipe:

Red Bliss potatoes cubed (leave skin on)
3 tblsp olive oil
1/4 cup rosemary
salt to taste

Put all that in a bowl and combine (I just put a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl and shake it like crazy)

Put potatoes in shallow baking pan
Bake @ 375 for about 45 min, turning once or twice, or until deisred crispness.

These taste frickin' awesome!