PDA

View Full Version : Pre and post workout meal, do they count?

Vsire
08-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Of course they count, lol.

My question however, is that should you count them in your total daily calories, protein, carbs and fat intake or are they excluded from it?

For example I NEED 3000 calories, 250g of Protein and 300g of carbs a day to cut. Should the calories, protein, carbs and fats etc that comes from my pre and post workout meal be included inside the total intake I need to consume everyday or are they 'additional' calories solely for my workout?

Shark
08-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Yes, count them in your total for the day. If you consume it and it has calories then it counts in your daily total. It's that simple.

Nosaj
08-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Any food that you eat pre/post workout magically disappears from your belly and thus you get no benefit from eating it.

Oh wait a second...

OH YEAH FOOD CAN'T MAGICALLY DISAPPEAR I ALMOST FORGOT!

Of course it "counts". =P

Shao-LiN
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Of course they count, lol.

My question however, is that should you count them in your total daily calories, protein, carbs and fat intake or are they excluded from it?

For example I NEED 3000 calories, 250g of Protein and 300g of carbs a day to cut. Should the calories, protein, carbs and fats etc that comes from my pre and post workout meal be included inside the total intake I need to consume everyday or are they 'additional' calories solely for my workout?

They went in your body, didn't they? It's not like they're negated, they're still used.

dissipate
08-23-2005, 10:44 PM
if they didnt need to be counted, i think i'd have 2 large pizzas, 3 bags of chips and a large bottle of coke pre and post :P

JustLost
08-24-2005, 07:05 AM
if they didnt need to be counted, i think i'd have 2 large pizzas, 3 bags of chips and a large bottle of coke pre and post :P

That's what I always have, except that I have two pints of Guinness instead of the coke.

dissipate
08-24-2005, 10:07 AM
That's what I always have, except that I have two pints of Guinness instead of the coke.

i haEt you :cry: