PDA

View Full Version : The Minotaur's Chunk To Hunk Project.

Minotaur
08-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I guess I will start a progress thread also.

...............Currently:..............Goals
Height:........5'5".................6'2" (yeah, as if :D )
Weight:.......224 lbs............200lbs
Body fat:.....22-24%...........14%
Waist:.........43".................38"
Chest:.........48".................same for now, but 49-50" eventually
Neck:..........17.5"...............same
Biceps:........17".................17.5-18"
Thigh:.........27"..................same
Calf:...........17"..................same

I've been doing a ckd for the past 2+ weeks. When I started 2 weeks ago I weighed in at 228.5 lbs. One week later, I weighed in at 224. Most of the weight loss was water, of course, from restricting carbs. After my weekend recarb of 2 meals of pasta and 1 of pancakes, I shot up to 229 Monday morning. A gain of 5 lbs in 48 hours has to be water. I was peeing like a racehorse on Monday after ending my recarb Sunday night. Probably by Friday I will deplete again, and hopefully my weight will be a little less than 224.

The weight has not been coming off in the past no matter what macro ratio I followed. I am insulin resistant and have Metabolic Syndrome. I am told that people with insulin resistance and Metabolic Syndrome do very well on ckds.

I've increased my cardio (well, anything more than nothing is an increase) and do a couple of aerobics classes (spin, step and eventually kickboxing) at the Y, and walk a couple of nights a week when I don't take classes. The walks are about 2 miles in 36-37 mins.

I do a 4 day weights split:
Sun, shoulders and triceps. Overhead presses, side raises, triceps work; cardio: an aerobics class or an outdoor walk, 2 miles in 36-37 mins.

Mon, legs. Squats and/or leg press, leg extensions, leg curls.

Tue, cardio. A step class at the Y or a 2 mile walk in 36-37 mins. outdoors.

Wed, chest and triceps. Flat bench and/or dumbells, incline, a machine press, triceps work.

Thu, cardio. An aerobics class at the Y or my outdoors walk.

Fri, back and biceps. Rows, occasional deadlifts (need to do more often), pulldowns, shrugs, biceps curls.

Sat, cardio. An aerobics class at the Y.

Weights are usually 3-6 sets (smaller muscles) or 9-12 sets (larger muscles) of 6-8 reps and/or a pyramid of 12,10,8,6. For example, my shoulders workout Sunday was seated overhead presses (barbell) of 12,10,8,6 increasing weight, then a seated machine press of 3 sets of 8 reps then 3 sets of 8 reps side raises.

Here are some pics when I first started working out 11 years ago, and fairly recently.

OK, so let's go... Chunk to Hunk in progress.

TTT
08-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Good luck, man. Go kick some ass :)

Minotaur
08-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks... will do!

KiwiBuilder
08-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Good luck bro. Looks like you've got some decent mass under there.

But please promise me that you will never, ever, wear those shorts again that you are wearing in that first photo... :windup:

jkirkpatrick
08-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Holy ****! You put on some major beef! Good luck!

Patz
08-24-2005, 08:05 PM

But please promise me that you will never, ever, wear those shorts again that you are wearing in that first photo... :windup:

Steve...that was hilarious. I was just thinking that there was enough chest hair in that room to carpet the whole cruise ship he was on..lmao!

Dude, you've got some good size under there! You're gonna look sick when you cut down. vicious tRapZ!

KiwiBuilder
08-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Steve...that was hilarious. I was just thinking that there was enough chest hair in that room to carpet the whole cruise ship he was on..lmao!

Dude, you've got some good size under there! You're gonna look sick when you cut down. vicious tRapZ!

LOL me too.. and the gold chains. Uh oh... did I say that out loud? ;)

Manveet
08-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Wow, you have put on some serious size in 9 years.

good luck with the cut!

Minotaur
08-24-2005, 09:22 PM

Lol. My octopus colored trunks? Those are long gone!

antor
08-24-2005, 09:26 PM
wow man you look big, Good luck with the cutting !!

Minotaur
08-24-2005, 09:27 PM

The chains and the chest hair: whaddya want, we're Italian! :D

Seriously, thanks all. ;)

Relentless
08-25-2005, 06:53 AM
The chains and the chest hair: whaddya want, we're Italian! :D

Seriously, thanks all. ;)

fuggedaboudit

:D

Good luck with the cut, Minotaur. Nice to see you posting actively again.

Minotaur
08-25-2005, 07:52 AM
fuggedaboudit

:D

Good luck with the cut, Minotaur. Nice to see you posting actively again.

Thanks. I was lying low for a while. :hide: