PDA

View Full Version : It's Football Season!

SW
08-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Welcome to all, this will be a journal detailing my football, lifting and anything else I choose to blather on about for the football season. School starts tomorrow, and so is our first scrimmage. Expect a full report.

getfit
08-25-2005, 04:16 PM
:spam: good luck with everything nick :)

SW
08-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks Sylvia!

No time to post last night, here's why:

I couldn't sleep till 1, woke up at 5 from a dead sleep, was at the weightroom by 6, took a shower about 7, was at carpentry by 8 and was already pretty tired. Went to school (should be very pleasant this year) and after it had an hour to hang with friends. Then I had to be back for an hour's practice and setup for "The Big Scrimmage". Then another hour to relax. Then had to be back and on field by 6:30. Big crowd. We had all the grades set up into offense and defenses' 1 and 2 for each grade. Then they all went against each other, each offense versus each defense.

The defensive coordinator told me due to my missed week last week I wouldn't be able to do this hardly at all (getting punished for having to work is bull****) even though I'd been putting in max effort. I told him whatever it took, I'd play. He just looked at me.

So when we got on the field, at the very last minute as the senior #1 defense was heading out, he grabs the nose and tells him that I'M subing for him. Just throws me in, caught me off gaurd.

Needless to say, I went in like a bull and on the first play of everything, smeared the rb before he got past his own line. I was the only one in on the tackle, it was EUPHORIA! The rest of the time I didn't get so lucky cause I started getting double teamed, but like always, that pulls resources away from other def ends and crap. Our D is gonna rock this year. The coaches all agreed that we all gave 100% and said they were proud of us, high praise from the "drill sergeants". Said we were looking real good for our game friday.

We played for about an hour, maybe over. Then went and changed and it was over. I got home at about 9pm. Still had to get pads and everything washed, and get stuff ready for today. Slept at 10, got woke up from a dead sleep at 5:30 this morning, went in and squated weakly due to my tiredness. Then we did an all conditioning practice today (see:insane running and other mentally taxing ****) to celebrate our hard work last night. We are like a machine now. Really working together and all like iron.

So I've had a nice couple days, looking foreward to relaxing this weekend. Yeah, right.

getfit
08-26-2005, 05:00 PM
i have patience i'll wait till you post :)

SW
08-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Weight right now is 236 lol. I'm stuffed with steak and water and some pop hehe. I have a sneaky suspicion that tomorrow morning will bring 233 to life if I don't tank up on water tonight. My bf is the lowest ever, and I have a camera now. I think I"ll get it developed this weekend if I can get some shots in tonight. I have come a long way. I should mention today's workout:

Some ****ty squats that didn't exeed 225x5 this morning, I was all worn out.

After practice I got some 65 3x8 db rows in , with some 90lbx3 jammer ext and several abdominal movements and supermans, all that stuff ya know. But yeah, it was cool. I'm pretty sure I haven't lost much if any strength. Of course, my body is fully attuned to endurance training right now, so lifting weights isn't going to be pretty until I get back adjusted to it.

But I'm sure I've gained a few lbs of muscle, as I think most of you will agree when I get some pics up soon. I also found out that 1 month after football is over is when my final wrestleing weight will be tabulated, so I have about a month to get to 215 when football ends. I'm sure I can do it, especially when wrestleing practice comes in (our school is known for having a brutally fit team) so I shouldn't have a problem hitting 215 at a very low bf. Only fat left I really have is on lats and belly. That's even been reduced nicely. I have some good definition everywhere else. But hey, you'll see.

SW
08-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Weight- 236.5. That's wierd. I was sure I was going to be much less than that. I am sure I've been gaining muscle and I'm the leanest I've been yet. Maybe I have been gaining a couple lbs of lbm per week then. I'm pretty proud of how I look now.

Got 10 hrs sleep last night :D

I don't think I'll be too busy today, thankfully. I've got more bruised ribs, the other side this time. I also have a swollen right hand where I got it between 2 helmets. Feels almost broke, but they're probably just bruised too. I have NO more skin bruises, now that's wierd. Just a couple small scratches. Lol, all of my injuries are internal. That ain't good.

Coke
08-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Coach had no choice but to put Nick in the mix although some practices were missed...U must be one tough sob!!

SW
08-28-2005, 12:30 PM
You know I try to be Coke!

Went to a barbecue last night with some friends. Enough said. That's why I got little sleep but am filled with the best ribs I've ever eaten! Not hung over a bit, I'm just one of those ppl.

Not much to say right now, so I'll be in tomorrow.

SW
08-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Today was a very hard practice, even compared to usual. I began to feel pretty dizzy and faint so I had to set down about 10-15 minutes. It was also pretty hot, and I'm outta shape :D

Didn't get the weight today. Probably fat as ever. Lifted this morning (pitiful, I think all this intense football is affecting my performance in the weightroom.)

Bench
135x5
225x5
245x5
275x2 damn this felt heavy. I'm a puss.

Db rows ( put knee on bench and let the db touch the ground each rep)
55'sx10
65'sx10 easy. This is why I heAt db's. Too light where I lift.

Db curls
40'sx5
55'sx5

Not too hard at all. I hate db's. My bench is a bitch. Dammit, lifting jus sucks these days. When football is over, I will start to recover, but then wrestleing will kill my strength but make me a monster on the mat. After that it's bowling and hardcore lifting! That's the plan!

getfit
08-29-2005, 06:47 PM
alot of work it takes for football nick! but still overall session looks still strong!
and you'll be the monster on the mat! ;)

Coke
08-30-2005, 10:55 AM
No one said the practices would be easy, great to see U take it to the limit...maintaining a 275 flat bench is sweet.

SW
09-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm back! Thanks Coke and Sylvia.

I've had my first game, another tomorrow, been practicing hard and being a senior in highschool! Man am I busy, I have little time to mess around. Even when I do get home from school, I have chores. Here's a typical day:

5:30am get up and go lift, take a shower, go to carpentry for the first 4 hours of school, go to p.e., then lunch, then more class, then time off, then 1 more class, 2 1/2 hours of practice, go home in the dark, go do whatever needs done on the farm, take a shower, eat, GO TO SLEEP. No wbb in there :(

I've been lifting well, and weight is 240 but hey, I am as lean as I've ever been with football, lifting and I'm eating sensibly. I think that 5lbs is muscle. Even if it's not, no big deal either way, because I found out that the guy I'd beat out of 215 for wrestleing would have to go to a lower class that's already got tight competition. So the coach told me I'd be better off at heavyweight, aka any weight I want as long as it's under 275! No problem!

Our first game: we got beat by the 10th ranked team in the state, but we held them scoreless for the first quarter, and got murdered in the second, but the second half was good. Looking back at last year, we've made 100% percent improvement. We are working for more, most definitely. Practice is still very hard, that's ok. We expect to win tomorrow (a jv game, coach wants me to play varsity and jv games to get more experience) and I'll be nose for most of it. Friday night was cool, their star running back nearly had his legs broken by a couple of our guys, he was being scouted by 4 colleges lol. He also fumbled 3 times in the first half due to how hard we hit him. He didn't play the whole game, he was too banged up. We showed him at least.

I played the last few minutes. I did my job, nearly got a sack, and gave the rb a good jarring. Their center was easy to get by, I had no problem really. The coaches all agree my main problem is wrapping the guy I'm tackling up and not just plowing him, and I'm doing better on that. I should see more play in varsity, and lots in jv.

Summary: I'm busy but thriveing.

getfit
09-05-2005, 05:02 PM
busy busy nic!
i wondered where you went! now i understand!

good luck witht the game i'm sure all will go well! :)

SW
09-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Ok kids, I'm back and I've been one busy mofo.

Weight still a sweet-235.

Lost some strength due to football, still lifting, and in real good shape. That's a rough update of my condition. I was not liking football, but now I do :)

1st game varsity- we lost 30-0. That blew arse.
2nd game jv (yes, I play both and it rocks)- we lost 28-7. Son of a bitch. I played a bunch here at nose and tackle. Smeared a rb and put him out several plays. This game was nice and fun, even though our ofense on jv desires better.
3rd game varsity- I rode a bus 2 hours there and 2 back, only to play 2 plays. Was pissed off so badly I nearly hit the defensive coordinator in the back of the head with my helmet, then mangled him to show I was worthy. Assbag. Also lost this one.
4th game (last night) jv- We won this one, 2-0. Our defense ripped theirs to shreds, I was playing as tackle or some **** like that, when our center sprains his ankle. What does Nick do? "put me in!" and the coach did. Damn that was fun, those guys were PUSSIES. I wanted to play more on defense, but I was needed dammit, needed. Greatest feeling in the world to win a hardfought football game, btw.

The coach decided we needed to step it up in practice. Jesus Christ, we did. We ran twice in the first 10 minutes due to some ppl being slow to their places in a drill. Then we drilled and drilled and drilled. Then we did teams, then the HARDEST conditioning I've ever experienced, second to none I've seen. I nearly couldn't handle it, seriously. But knowing he probably can't do much worse (man do I hope not) lets me feel more confident tomorrow. Another game against an ace team friday for varsity. Probably won't play much on defense, hope to get in on offense. Later all.