PDA

View Full Version : My home scale mocks me

ShockBoxer
08-25-2005, 06:32 AM
Stubborn thing still reads 180 after 5 weeks of trying to cut.

Thing is the scale at the gym is reporting that I've lost a pound a week for the past five weeks.

Being as obsessive about minutia that I am this led me to question one of the staff about its calibration. This led to a "Jesus, Jay, you asked that six months ago when it read above 200. Most people would be happy to have the scale report they've lost 25 pounds. If the bar floats at neutral when the slides are at 0 it's calibrated."

I certainly don't want to cut my food back any more... if anything the 1600 to 2000 I consume are dissappearing as soon as they hit my stomach: Before I was never hungry and now I look longingly at a pound of meat. I'm stronger on most lifts and I look much larger in certain areas (especially shoulders, back, and forearms which I've traditionally ignored).

Maybe I should add some cardio. Or throw my 10 buck home scale off my balcony. Or just keep doing what I'm doing until none of my lifts increase for a month. Maybe #2 and 3.

Praetorian
08-25-2005, 06:55 AM
dont go after weight. go after bf%

ShockBoxer
08-25-2005, 07:20 AM
If I'm losing any it's so slow that I don't even notice in the mirror. I guess that's not that surprising. I probably won't know for certain until I wake up one morning and shave and go 'hey, I can tilt my head down and not get a double chin' or 'hey, cool, abs'.

I think I'm getting edgy because it feels like I'm starving all the time now. Gone are the days when I'd force feed myself a peanut butter sandwich around midnight because I'd not bothered to eat all day.

Nosaj
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
As long as you're sticking to your diet/workout plan, that's all that matters. The rest will come with time. Weight is very unhelpful # overall, especially if you're doing a recomposition. If you desire a weekly # to help keep you motivated and confident that you're moving in the right direction, get your body fat % tested. Good luck with your cut. =]