PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this breakfast

Peevo
08-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Im trying to put together a menu for myself to bulk,here are some ideas i came up with
Breakfast #1 Whole wheat bagel
3 eggs
4 bacon strips
lite butter on bagel
glass of oj
#2quaker oat meal boiled drained thrown in blender with blue
berrys or bannana and protien powder and milk
mid morning weight gainer shake
lunch #1 2 cans tuna and a plate of brown rice
#2 corned beef sandwich with mustard on whole wheat bread
and a side salad of some type
mid day cottage cheese and peanut butter
or a proten shake

dinner #1 lean burger on a roll with ketchup and some orida fries (baked)
#2 patatoes and eggs ummm my wife makes em for me slices patatoes nice and thin fries in olive oil than adds the eggs great on a roll

through out the day i eat bannanas,carrots,grapes,oranges

know my dinner is about 6 pm after that i dont know what i shoud be having from 8pm to 11pm
im pretty new here and have used the search but would like to know am i on the right track to blowing up. peace out

HILL
08-25-2005, 10:10 AM
yes it would be really helpfullif you track all your calories maybe using fitday.com or just rie them all down like i do. your meals look fine but it doesnt really matter how good your diet is if your not eating more cals than ure burning

HobbsE46
08-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Why not do a clean bulk? Bacon? Bagels? Not the worst thing in the world but there sure are better choices. How bout this breakfast:

-1 cup oats w/water
-1 scoop whey
-1 cup fat free cottage cheese
about 560 cals, 56 grams pro, 70 carbs, 8 fat

If you dont like Cottage cheese, try egg whites with a yolk or two

ElPietro
08-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Steak is a nutritious breakfast, cut or bulk.

malkore
08-25-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm with Hobbs, at least on the bacon. skip the bacon...replace it with turkey breast sausage or soemthing. Just because you're bulking doesn't mean you need to eat like Boss Hog, eh?

Peevo
08-25-2005, 04:47 PM
reading the facts on bacon it doesnt look that bad 5 grams a fat per serving

ReelBigFish
08-25-2005, 06:19 PM
okay and you're having 2 servings right? So thats 10g. of fat from about 1oz of meat, plus, about half of that is sat. fat.

ReelBigFish
08-25-2005, 06:24 PM
atleast go w/ some canadian bacon and get your fats from good sources.

law56ker
08-25-2005, 07:28 PM
turkey bacon is good:)

the doc
08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
well if you are seriously bulking then you also need to increase the portion size and meal frequency in addition to choosing calorie dense foods. things like bacon have a lot of salt in them which makes myself feeling quite bloated once you've downed a glass of water

malkore
08-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Let's see...an avg. 2 slice serving of pork bacon contains 9g of fat and 5g of protein. 3g of the fat is saturated fat...28% of your USRDA for sat. fat.
More fat than protein.
hmmmm....

yeah I'd say that's crap!