PDA

View Full Version : bulking before and after

shawn561
08-27-2005, 04:38 AM
Ok ive been lifteing for a little over a year now. In the beginning I didnt know what the hell I was doing Im a seriouse hard gainer and was getting super lean and cut but not bigger or stronger. Then about four months ago I herd the magic word called BULKING here on this board. So I upped my caloric intake from less than 2000 a day to over 5000 a day. I went from 135 pounds to current 151 pounds in less than two months!. so I had to post these pics. I know im not big but I just found the magic bullet to get there. my goal is 175-180. by stock in tp people cuz im buying alot of it![IMG]

HILL
08-27-2005, 05:49 AM
congrats uve done well keep at it

spanky33
08-27-2005, 07:38 AM
yea it seems that you're one of those lucky guys that stays lean no matter what. so just eat a ton and keep lifting. good job so far.

AzBboy
08-27-2005, 10:10 AM
wow thats a dramatic difference! I'm same genetically as you, cept last time I bulked I put on 20lbs (like you, 130 to 150,) of like 95% fat. You got great muscular gains rather than fat, share secret!

Holto
08-27-2005, 06:34 PM
For all the phenomenal transformations I have seen I'm particulary impressed by this one.

For the simple reason that so many hardgainers (hyper-metabolic) just won't continue to increase what they eat until they gain weight.

I trained with a guy for over a year and a half who went from 125 and weak to 135 and strong as hell but always complained he wasn't gaining weight.

I kept telling him he wasn't eating enough. From everything he was telling me he was eating alot. Knowing what I know now I would have had him eating more calorie dense foods.

As for your system. Now that you are not a skinny punk you will need to eat even more. As long as your not gaining fat you can steadily increase your intake.

If you haven't started a journal you really ought to.

Holto
08-27-2005, 06:40 PM
wow thats a dramatic difference! I'm same genetically as you, cept last time I bulked I put on 20lbs (like you, 130 to 150,) of like 95% fat. You got great muscular gains rather than fat, share secret!

If you gained 95% fat it's hard to believe you two share much genetically.

In your case it's clear you were eating too many calories above maintenance.

Thats the beauty of energy balance:

If you're not gaining weight you're not eating enough.

If you're not losing weight you're eating too much.

If you're gaining too much fat bulking you're too far over maintenance.

If you're losing too much muscle cutting you're too far below maintenance.

TOBART
08-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Holto, what kind of food was he eating? What would you have recommended for calorie dense foods in a situation like your friends?

Excellent transformation Shawn, for a few months that is very impressive.

Shao-LiN
08-28-2005, 02:26 AM

You were doing something wrong then.

shawn561
08-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Thanks for all the replies. and azbboy the only secret I have is EAT eat till you puke super high calorie foods and lift hard, no cardio. what I do is make sure I get at least 5000 calories a day no matter what. A little over half of that comes from high calorie liquids like chocolate milk (three quarts a day) I even drink half and half by the quart
1200 calories right there and two servings of whey protein usually mixed in with the milk. I eat alot of fish chicken breasts, breads three to four banannas a day whatevers in front of my face I eat it. my routine is four days a week two on one off two on two off. and I do a full routine each day from bench to squats heavy and slow (the only legs I do is squats). I dont know if this would work for anybody els but it is for me Ive knowticed major gains in weight twenty pounds for me is astronomical. I dont know why im staying lean It may be some kind of balance I hit. Ill put up more pics at the end of september (if I havent died of congestive heart failure). The only thing I have to say to people like me is if you aint crapping three times a day you aint eating enough.

Holto
08-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Holto, what kind of food was he eating?

Rice & Potatoes...

He was getting tons of protein though

What would you have recommended for calorie dense foods in a situation like your friends?

The short answer: fat

fat = 9 cals/gram
carbs = 4 cals/gram

I would have had him mixing heavy creme into his shakes and eating 1 cup of almonds divided amongst 5 meals

The almonds alone are 900 cals

Holto
08-28-2005, 08:51 AM
my routine is four days a week two on one off two on two off. and I do a full routine each day from bench to squats heavy and slow (the only legs I do is squats).

Change this up to something more conventional and you will gain even faster.

I don't think this system allows for proper recovery.

Another excellent reason to start a journal.

Shao-LiN
08-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Yah, if you're going max effort full body 4 times a week, you'll probably stall somewhere down the line due to overtraining. If anything, alternating upper body w/ lower body for the 2 on/2 off would be a better split.

shawn561
08-30-2005, 01:03 AM
Ill try that halto Ive knowticed my joints are sore as hell especially my wrists. Thanx for the advice.