PDA

View Full Version : How can i make a good diet to suit myself?

Little_G
08-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Ive been training now for a few months but never had a proper bulking diet. Im looking to get alot bigger and so far ive just been stuffing myself with food, trying to eat lots of protein and taking whey and creatine. Ive definetly got stronger but not really bigger atall just fatter. I think im ready to start a proper diet now im just wondering how i could make 1 that suits me.
Im 18yrs, 185lbs, 6'0 . Im just wondering if anyones got the time could they help make me one and i'l try it out. I dont really want to eat the same thing everyday though but i dont mind eating the same thing every other day if u know wot i mean. Ive been reading some threads on here and i know eggs r good but i dont fancy eating 6eggs a day but i'l eat a few. If any1's got the time could u please give me a diet i can try and follow and i'l see how it goes... thanks..

HILL
08-29-2005, 04:49 AM
well only you can make a diet that suits you as you no what you like. if i were you id say start at 3500 calories of good foods from "what a bodybuilder eats" 6 meals a day. make sure you track everything you eat either with fitday or just write it down like i do. kkep ypu protein between 1-2g per pound of bodyweight, 0.5g perpoiudn of bodyweight of good fats and the rest with carbs. weight yourself then in a week or 2 time weigh yourself again. if you havnt gained weight go to 4000 cals if you put on alot and think wit will be mostly fat ease off a little. id aim for 1 pound a week or maybe 2 if possible. anything else just ask..

Little_G
08-29-2005, 07:00 AM
K thanks man. All sounds abit complicated but i have to get it sorted. I get the gram of protein per pound of bodyfat but how do u work that out seriously, im no good at maths lol. And how do u work out how many calories u take? If some1 could help me a little i'l list the food that i like which i heard is good for bodybuilidng, and hopefully u can tell me how much i should have roughly if ya got the time.

Cereal (any)
Apples
Steak (carnt afford everyday though)
Wholebread
Chicken
Cheese
Pasta
Eggs
Whey shakes

If some1 can help could u tell me what amount i should eat of the things listed and how many times a day and stuff if u know what i mean. I really need help with this, and if u can list a few more foods'.... thanks for any help....

I'm 18yrs, 185lbs, 6'0

HILL
08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
for all the food needs check what a bodybiulder eats.
eat 6 times a day.

you weight 185pounds so you need atleast 185g of protein a day if not more.

you work out the calories by using scales to weigh the food then read on the back how many cals etc is in 100g of that product then add it up then add your total at the end.

Unreal
08-29-2005, 02:12 PM
If you want to get bigger, then eat. Start with something like 3500 cals, and see how fast you put on weight, if any. If you don't gain any after 2-3 weeks, then up the cals by a few hundred more and repeat till you find. If you are gaining too much fat too fast, then cut back by a few hundred cals. Simple as that.

As for cereral, only whole grain, no sugar, no processed white flour ones are what you should look for. This limits you to a few decent ones. Wheaties, cheerios (plain ones, not frosted or honey nut), grape nuts, etc...

dissipate
08-29-2005, 11:47 PM
fitday.com will help you too