PDA

View Full Version : New ALN article - Your Top 10 Foods for Success

Joe Black
08-29-2005, 05:20 AM
Hi all,

Just like to make you all aware of a new article just gone live on www.atlargenutrition.com.

Article title - Your Top 10 Foods for Success - Written by Anthony Ricciuto

Article intro: - No matter if you are a powerlifter, bodybuilder, football player or just a weekend warrior, your nutritional plan is one of the most important requirements for you to achieve your goals. Proper diet and a well thought out supplementation plan are the keys to your success. Without them you are just spinning your wheels. This article will outline the top 10 foods crucial to your ultimate success in all of your physical endeavours.

The article link is http://www.atlargenutrition.com/top_10_foods_for_success.php

Anthony is one of our newest writers. In his day he was a very well respected Powerlifter and is currently a nutritional advisor for many top strenght athletes. You can expect to see a lot more from Anthony in the near future as he is currently working on more articles for AtLarge Nutrition and Wannabebig. More information on Anthony is available here - http://www.wannabebig.com/anthony_ricciuto.php

YungLifter
08-29-2005, 06:26 AM
Cool I eat all of that. Not as much salmon as id like b/c its expensive but I get alot when its on sale.=)

HILL
08-29-2005, 06:40 AM
very good article, i must start to eat more salmon. i eat everything else on their apart from cottage cheese as i dnt lime any form of cheese whatso ever. i also tend to have more chicken than turkey as my dad owns a cafe and i get chicken breasts for 26p which is very good.

Spartan936
08-29-2005, 01:52 PM
yay for sweetpotatoes! They're one of my favorites.

Vitalize
08-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Luckily for me Salmon sashimi is dirt cheap here, so I can have it for lunch and dinner everyday.
I wish it were easier to get beans here though....they are so difficult to find.
Wholegrain bread is non existant. :(

Bruise Brubaker
08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
There is a little detail I don't agree with:
Udo's Ultimate blend is a balanced combination of all the healthy fats including omegas 3, 6, and 9.

You certainly don't need omega 6 and 9, since 9 are found in abundance (olive oil is 76% omega 9 - oleic acid -), and they key is to rectify the balance between omega 3 and 6 by increasing the 3 and avoiding the 6, we already have plenty of 6...

Shao-LiN
08-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Well, from what you quoted, that statement is true. Udo's Choice is a balanced combination of those omegas. Whether it balances out your diet is another question. Depending on your own sources of fat, you may or may not find udo's choice an advantageous blend.

But, there was one line that irked me. I have read that there is no such thing as an incomplete protein, yet it was mentioned in that article.

rk77
08-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I think chicken should be in there. Drop the potatoes and add the chicken

Bruise Brubaker
08-30-2005, 01:09 PM

And add tuna, natural peanut butter, etc. We all have our personal favorite top 10, so that article exists to show 10 very good foods to discover or rediscover.

djreef
08-30-2005, 01:17 PM
& nuts. Those could be included with the beans and lentils paragraph.

DJ

Shao-LiN
08-30-2005, 08:24 PM

Why drop sweet potatoes? Chicken is a completely different food used as a source of protein, while the potato is a good source of carbs.

the doc
08-30-2005, 09:33 PM
i definitely agree with having the egg on the list

mrwalken
09-01-2005, 11:50 AM
There is a little detail I don't agree with:

You certainly don't need omega 6 and 9, since 9 are found in abundance (olive oil is 76% omega 9 - oleic acid -), and they key is to rectify the balance between omega 3 and 6 by increasing the 3 and avoiding the 6, we already have plenty of 6...

I imagine that some people who prepare their own food might benefit from supplementing 6 & 9. I think the imbalance in most people's diets is largely do to processed food and cooking oils used by restaurants.

Bruise Brubaker
09-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Not only that, but, an example, dairy products contain less omega 3 than they used to. In fact, a lot of things that contains minute trace of omega 3 used to contain a very little more than minute trace of omega 3, because of intensive cultures and then the cattle is feeded this and so on.

In a perfect world, we'd also eat not only the flesh, but also the brains and such organs of the animals we kill. Brains are a very high source of omega-3, that's one of the reasons we need it so much.

GMAN
09-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Carnt belive water is number1. Thats awesome coz its free aswell.

tigo
10-05-2005, 12:47 AM
mm salmon is the best.. i eat salmon sashimi for lunch on a weekly basis..
smoked salmon is good too..