PDA

View Full Version : chineese food

bigedge
08-29-2005, 07:33 AM
hey guys, just wondering, im on a bulk, what is the basic breakdown of chineese food? is it going to be good or bad for a bulk? im generally not that worried about gaining a bit of fat, just wanna put on the pounds

ShockBoxer
08-29-2005, 07:48 AM
If you're talking fast food type chinese food I looked some up the other day (Manchu Wok) to enter into Fitday. Anything battered is rich in saturated fat and calories. Anything glazed or with sauce is loaded with sugars. All of it is loaded with sodium.

I still think (if you avoid the chicken balls :cry: ) it's not as bad overall as some other types of fast food but I could be in denial.

www.manchuwok.com has a nutrition guide. I'm sure it varies from restaurant to restaurant but it seems like a reasonable average.

getfit
08-29-2005, 08:58 AM
but it's so damn good !i need my chinese buffets :D

Scooter
08-29-2005, 12:54 PM
What are some clean items on chinese food menu?

Whenever I order something it always seems to come with their "special" sauce

Dreamscape
08-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Just don't eat the Fast Food Chinese Food if you're working towards a clean items. From experience it's all pretty much what Shock Boxer described it to be. The "special" sauce is what makes Chinese food so special and good. It should make bulkers happy that they're on a bulk.

tholian8
08-29-2005, 02:05 PM
If you can make your own Chinese food at home it can be incredibly clean for either a bulk or a cut. Getting it from a take-out is quite another matter--as other posters have mentioned, take-out/restaurant Chinese is usually loaded with either fat or sugar, and tends to be extremely salty besides. I don't consider sodium a problem, but some people's blood pressure is very sensitive to it so that's something to be aware of.

Unreal
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Last time I went out for chinese for a guys birthday I just had a large bowl of hot and sour soup. According to the place and confirmed on calorie king, a huge bowl was something like ~100 cals. Then I just ate my normaly meal later. That way I was able to go out, enough a dinner with friends, and still stick to my diet.

Shao-LiN
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
I would have just eaten some good chinese food. One meal won't kill yah as long as it doesn't turn into 10.

Optimum08
08-29-2005, 09:52 PM
mmmm..chinese....