PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to Chewing?

Shadow Bandit
08-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Recently, I decided to get back into shape after taking pictures of myself and being extremely ashamed of how I looked. I haven't even started my diet yet, still looking for something suitable.

Anyway, over the last few months, I noticed that, while I'm eating less and less "meals" I chew a lot. I keep sunflower seeds at my desk almost all the time, and I'll chew on them all day, or gum or plastic straws or whatever is at hand.

Now, from what I'm reading, I should be eating 5 small meals a day, but at the current moment, I barely eat anything at all. Could there be something amiss with my chewing habit that's causing me to eat more than I realize or is me chewing keeping me full all day, which in turn will stunt my diet in the future?

Any thoughts?

dissipate
08-29-2005, 11:48 PM
you're barely eating at all?? what are you eating? get a day's diet on fitday.com and post it up.

zimbo
08-30-2005, 05:05 AM
When you say you'll chew on sunflower seeds all day, I'm assuming you don't mean that literally. Otherwise, we know why you're never hungry ;)

--Steve

Shadow Bandit
08-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Steve: When I say all day, I mean from around 10 am till 5 pm I'm nibbling on seeds.

Dissipate: Yesterday, for example, I had 2 meduim pancakes and 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast and for dinner, I had a turkey and ham and cheese sandwich, 1 slice of the formentioned items. And I drunk around 4 liters of water.

dissipate
08-30-2005, 08:32 AM
why are you eating so little?!!

Shadow Bandit
08-30-2005, 11:20 AM
I don't know. I mean I really don't know. I'm just not hungry anymore. I'm 5'9" 260 but I eat like I'm anorexic or something. I might need to go see a doctor or something but I don't know if it's that serious or if my body has adjusted itself so that my energy expenditure is less than my caloric intake.

I'm such an amateur at all this. That's why I'm here. I know I need to lose a lot, and I mean a lot of body fat, and that's all I know. I need to know more!!!

getfit
08-30-2005, 11:31 AM
what excatly do your meals consist of?

Shadow Bandit
08-30-2005, 12:08 PM
what excatly do your meals consist of?

A normal week usually consists of breakfast being a quaker oats breakfast bar or lunch, then dinner is usually a light serving of pasta, some stir fry veggies, a lean pocket, a sandwich (turkey,ham, cheese and ketchup), or another breakfast bar.

If I have lunch and breakfast, I usually just have water for the rest of the day.
If I have breakfast and dinner, I usually don't have lunch and if I have lunch and dinner, I usually don't have breakfast.

And, as mentioned above, I nibble on sunflower seeds in the shell the entire time I'm at work.

Tony H
08-30-2005, 01:28 PM
So stop eating sunflower seeds. Try chewing gum or something else for a while. If I took in a steady stream of salt all day long, my stomach might act funny too.

Anyhow, at least start taking a multivitamin every morning. Vitamin deficiencies can cause funny problems. Maybe it'll straighten you out.

darkdan
08-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Silly question...

How's life treating you?

Shadow Bandit
08-30-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm quite happy. Just need to get my body in better shape and everything will be alright with me.

Shadow Bandit
08-31-2005, 10:46 AM
BTW, I decided to stop snacking on sunflower seeds for a few months to see if anything changes. I'll keep you guys updated.

Teh BDK
08-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Just need to get my body in better shape and everything will be alright with me.

Once I get my teeth straightened, I'll be a STAR!

dissipate
09-01-2005, 12:36 AM
shadow bandit.. i hope you're eating more. i'm not sure how much sunflower seeds you've been eating...... based on what you posted your breakfast, lunch and dinner are, you definitely need to be eating more, and more real food (see 'what a bodybuilder eats' sticky).