PDA

View Full Version : RIPPED diet?

WhiteMonkeyKing
08-29-2005, 06:09 PM
there is alot of threads in here about how to BULK up and stuff...but what if you dont really want to get bigger...personally id rather get mildly big but be RIPPEd outta my mind....would the diet change for that type of goal? basically just dont eat as many calories or what?

ShockBoxer
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
That would be a cut diet and there's plenty of threads on that, too.

WhiteMonkeyKing
08-29-2005, 06:19 PM
thanks I found it under "cutting"

zimbo
08-29-2005, 06:20 PM
If you already have as much muscle mass as you want then, yes, you just need to find a diet that loses fat and minimizes muscle loss. If you want to gain mass as well then you'll probably end up needing to do recurring bulk-cut-bulk-cut cycles.

--Steve

WhiteMonkeyKing
08-29-2005, 06:22 PM
ahhh whoa ok thats a big help....yea i do want to get to about twice my size...cuase of right now im seriously a stick with almost no muscle..like i said im a novice....but im starting to get really into this working out and living healthy thing its becomming like a hobby...anyway just curious..HOW important is the diet really...lets say I didn't follow a specific diet for 3 months....and lets compare that to if I did...how much of a difference would there be?

Manveet
08-29-2005, 06:43 PM
ahhh whoa ok thats a big help....yea i do want to get to about twice my size...cuase of right now im seriously a stick with almost no muscle..like i said im a novice....but im starting to get really into this working out and living healthy thing its becomming like a hobby...anyway just curious..HOW important is the diet really...lets say I didn't follow a specific diet for 3 months....and lets compare that to if I did...how much of a difference would there be?

Big difference.

If you want muscle, you need calories.

If your diet sucks, you probably won't be eating enough to achieve your goal.

Built
08-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Cutting or bulking, diet is about 80% of it.

WhiteMonkeyKing
08-29-2005, 07:10 PM
holy cRAP!......i had no idea it was that much....so i have to get really serious with the diet ...GOOOOOD To know

Built
08-29-2005, 07:13 PM
You can take a look at how I diet if you like. I bulk the same way as I cut, only in reverse.

Not the only way to do it, but I like it.