PDA

View Full Version : make all my protein shakes in one session during day?

PoutineEh
08-29-2005, 07:36 PM
i dont want to have to go to the public bathroom (eeek) and wash my magic bullet (yes i have one! so what?! heh) every time i make a shake in college. is it ok that i perhaps make them all at the same time and then just let them chill in the fridge until i need them? im assuming this should be fine. just wondering though cause at night, i like to drink a muscle milk before bed and it contains creatine gcc and i know regular creatine will convert to creatinine if left sitting for a while. is creatine gcc an exception or no?

also, is 2 or 3 shakes (about 30 g protein each) during the day, most likely between meals (or post workout), and a muscle milk (32 g protein) before bed enough protein (not including the food i eat during meals) throughout the day? usually lunch and dinner i will try and eat as much protein as i can, breakfast usually is just cereal and some fruit and a protein bar or two throughout the day along with a handful of almonds.

bigedge
08-29-2005, 09:23 PM
shouldnt be a problem, i make 3 in the morning before i go to school, and just take them with me in old gatorade bottles

Shao-LiN
08-30-2005, 12:04 AM
i dont want to have to go to the public bathroom (eeek) and wash my magic bullet (yes i have one! so what?! heh)

Something wrong with having a magic bullet that I don't know about? It's a blender. You afraid someone will call you gay for having a blender. Whole world might as well be.

just wondering though cause at night, i like to drink a muscle milk before bed and it contains creatine gcc and i know regular creatine will convert to creatinine if left sitting for a while. is creatine gcc an exception or no?

It's creatine...guess.

also, is 2 or 3 shakes (about 30 g protein each) during the day, most likely between meals (or post workout), and a muscle milk (32 g protein) before bed enough protein (not including the food i eat during meals) throughout the day?

Dunno, you tell us. Does it meet your caloric requirements? Are you aiming for 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight or LBM? If so, does it meet that?

Joe Black
08-31-2005, 01:10 AM
I find if you mix them and then leave them in a fridge, they never taste as nice.

Why not just take the powder in the shaker, add water/milk to it and then shake. If you have a good protein powder *cough. Nitrean *cough, it should mix up perfectly with a a few good shakes :)

PoutineEh
09-09-2005, 06:43 PM
yea, i have nitrean vanilla and cyto sport cocoa bean whey (which actually mixes even better than nitrean, but doesnt have all the different proteins). just kind of joking about the magic bullet. its perfect for my situation and has been working great. just kind of joking cause it has one of those funny infomercials that always makes me laugh. my mixing blades and mixing cups have been developing a funky smell cause i cant fill a sink and wash them or use a dish washer. i just poured some soap and hot water in them and i am going to let it sit over night and hope that gets rid of the smell

Haaji Dont Surf
09-09-2005, 06:45 PM
My shake is Whey/Milk/Oats... If I let it sit for over 20 minutes, it all seperates, and god help us if it gets warm. >:/

body
09-10-2005, 06:25 AM
it will be fine.

just make a big one up in the morning. I add some banana etc to give more flavour as well.