PDA

View Full Version : maximizing leg drive on benchpress

slydeflex
08-29-2005, 08:10 PM
hi, I wanted to know what would be the better position to use to get the maximum leg drive, MM style with legs tucked underneath or westside style with feet wide in front?

AJ Roberts
09-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I find for leg drive being on the balls of my feet rather than the toes is better. Also stability is a lot easier.

BossHawg02
09-05-2005, 12:57 AM
yea I kinda angle mine out I lift really heavy and seems to make me feel more balanced with my feet out like that...keep them flat....

diesel_dan
09-07-2005, 05:16 AM
yeah keep em flat, also remember if your benching in a competetion find the way you want your feet and keep them that way throughout your lift because if you move your feet they dont count your lift.

fixationdarknes
09-07-2005, 08:43 AM
yeah keep em flat, also remember if your benching in a competetion find the way you want your feet and keep them that way throughout your lift because if you move your feet they dont count your lift.

Really? Sometimes, when I'm trying to hit my last rep in the gym, one of my legs will move upward. I'll try to stay more strict.

diesel_dan
09-07-2005, 09:07 PM
yep. what a lot of people will do is place a 45 under each foot to help further limit the chance of moving their feet & to help them balance the weight easier. And some people do it just because their feet cant touch the ground.