PDA

View Full Version : How Long After Cardio???

Shobe
08-29-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm planning on starting to do cardio first thing in the morning on a empty stomach 3 days a week. However, I was wondering how long should I wait after I'm done running til I eat??? And also, should I consume a protein shake immediately after as well or just wait and eat a solid meal???? I will be doing this running on days in between my lifting days if that matters.

ryuage
08-29-2005, 10:44 PM
when should you eat? as soon as you can I suppose/

Manveet
08-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Eat right after.

Brandon
08-30-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm planning on starting to do cardio first thing in the morning on a empty stomach 3 days a week. However, I was wondering how long should I wait after I'm done running til I eat??? And also, should I consume a protein shake immediately after as well or just wait and eat a solid meal???? I will be doing this running on days in between my lifting days if that matters.

hey shobe, be careful of totally crashing (low blood sugar). It can be really dangerous, especially on a treadmill. If you're running first thing in the morning, you're basically in a starved state. At the very least have a gatorade with you to sip while you're doing your cardio.

Unreal
08-30-2005, 07:01 AM
I believe morning fasted cardio should be light, such as walking, slight incline walking. Running in the morning would probably just destroy all sorts of muscle. Save that for when your fed.

ILL_Mitch
08-30-2005, 07:16 AM
whenever I run in the morning I usually have a fruit and some water or gatorade fyi

Shobe
08-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Ok, thanks everyone.

zimbo
08-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Running in the morning would probably just destroy all sorts of muscle.

Care to elaborate on that? Let's suppose you ran 5 miles in the morning. That's about 600 calories for most people. So, you wake up and eat a bowl of Wheaties and drink a bottle of Gatorade and head out on your run. When you get back you drink a protein shake and some wheat toast with peanut butter. How is that going to destroy muscle?

--Steve

Unreal
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
But thats not fasted if you just ate a bowl of wheaties and drank a bottle of gatorade.