PDA

View Full Version : funny thing about fiber

malkore
08-30-2005, 09:05 AM
this is more of a story:
I walked into the break room 15 mins ago to cook my oatmeal for meal 2. Inside is a co-worker, desparately trying to gag down 2 servings of metamucil...but she fails and spits half of serving 2 into the sink and gives up on the remaining half in the cup.
I look at the metamucil label...3g of fiber per serving.
I look at my oatmeal (already knowing, of course) and it's got 4g of fiber.

So I let her know that oatmeal has more fiber per serving, and that if she needs to kick up fiber more, try some Fiber One cereal.

See, she has a crappy diet, and ended up with a tear in her colon because of it. So after outpatient surgery 2 weeks ago, she has to take in this extra fiber for a month of recovery. I think I convinced her to go with Oatmeal and Fiber One.

AzBboy
08-30-2005, 12:06 PM
lmao all that metamucil for a lousy 6g of fiber. Man, I find beans (the hard uncooked not the cans) have 10+g fiber just for 120g beans. Why would anyone buy metamucil haha poor uninformed gal.

ShockBoxer
08-30-2005, 12:09 PM
You just answered your own question, Az.

Bruise Brubaker
08-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Why would anyone buy that crap when its main ingredient is psyllium, which can be found cheaper and it doesn't really have a taste.

Whole food is the way to go anyway, easy to get quite a lot of fibers with a good diet.

malkore
08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
she got the unflavored kind. if you've never tried metamucil...its the consistency that's the worst part, not the taste.
it'd be like drinking very fine, runny, gelatenous tapioca pudding...or a glass of diluted mucus. your choice.

BG5150
08-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Metamucil makes a "fine" version, which, to me, mixes pretty good and is not at all too chunky. You just ahve to drink it rapidly or the stuff does start to solidify.

CarlP
08-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Metamucil makes a "fine" version, which, to me, mixes pretty good and is not at all too chunky. You just ahve to drink it rapidly or the stuff does start to solidify.

That reminds me of some Myoplex crap I tried to eat before.

Shao-LiN
08-30-2005, 08:22 PM
I, personally, enjoyed the orange taste of metamucil. It was grainy, but tolerable.

BG5150
08-31-2005, 12:01 AM
I, personally, enjoyed the orange taste of metamucil. It was grainy, but tolerable.
True dat, yo...