PDA

View Full Version : Modified Warrior Diet?

Coleman
08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
I know a lot of people here don't like and don't agree with the warrior diet but I do know quite a few people who have had success with it. I'm wondering if a modified version of the warrior diet would work. This is sort of what I'm planning on.

No breakfast. I know this seems crazy but Ori (author of the warrior diet) says that a controlled fast will keep your sympathetic nervous system active and release fats into the blood stream. I think going all day without eating is wrong but I was planning on not eating until lunch, just having a few cups of green tea.

I would start eating around lunch time and my meals would consist of lean protein and low GI carbs such as raw vegetables and fruit. The idea here is to keep my insulin levels low so I won't feel sluggish later in the day.

After my workout, at dinner time, I'll eat a big meal. The idea here is to create an insulin spike which causes uptake of nutrients and then will make my sleepy in time for bed.

Now, is this totally off or will it work?

Tony H
08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
"a controlled fast will keep your sympathetic nervous system active and release fats into the blood stream."

I don't buy it.

I used to fast all the time. I was cutting weight for wrestling and I can tell you first-hand that there are no long-term benefits to fasting like that. You will lose weight short-term, but then your body adjusts to it and slows your metabolism. If you are not working out it's even worse.

You can counter the effects chemically. Caffeine, nicotine, ephedrine, but that's just making things worse in the long run.

If the goal is to slow your metabolism so that it's easier to gain weight, that's still bad logic. If your body is preparing for a fast, it is going to concentrate its resources more towards fat storage than muscle building.

Ck0
08-30-2005, 02:04 PM
I had a similar diet when I was about 215 lbs and had health problems where I fasted until probably lunch or dinner sometimes. Like Lunch would be a slim fast and dinner would be chicken salad or tuna salad or something like that. That was over a year ago and you end up losing a lot more muscle than body fat. Yes, of course you'll lose weight but not the weight that you want. I've learned from my mistakes and now I am doing it right. So speaking from experience, nothing helps boost the metabolism than a good healthy breakfast to get you thru the day.

Coleman
08-30-2005, 03:48 PM
The thing is, everytime I start eating breakfast, I just get fat. No matter how little I eat or how much I work out.

I've never really eaten breakfast so maybe my body has just adapted to it?

Shao-LiN
08-30-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry, you've narrowed down fat gain to your breakfast?

Manveet
08-30-2005, 08:50 PM
The thing is, everytime I start eating breakfast, I just get fat. No matter how little I eat or how much I work out.

I've never really eaten breakfast so maybe my body has just adapted to it?

LOL!!!!

you get fat because you eat more calories then you expend, period.

AzBboy
08-30-2005, 09:28 PM
OR you dont eat enough so your body stores everything you DO eat as fat.

Junin
08-30-2005, 09:36 PM
OR you dont eat enough so your body stores everything you DO eat as fat.

No.

Spartan936
08-30-2005, 09:42 PM
**** the warrior diet, and learn the basics. And listen to the guys that have already posted.

I've tried a similar dietary dogmatic approach. It didn't work.

EDIT: Learn to count calories, learn what foods are reasonably healthy, eat throughout the day, exercise, and adjust your calories accordingly to lose or gain weight.

And the guys are right, skipping breakfast will not make you skinny... it will make you gorge at lunch.

Ck0
08-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Your body is built to adapt, if it doesnt then I don't know what to tell you. Eventually after 1-2 weeks or so of eating breakfast your body will know oh ok this guys gonna eat breakfast again, so lets start digesting it right away.

Shao-LiN
08-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Your body is built to adapt, if it doesnt then I don't know what to tell you. Eventually after 1-2 weeks or so of eating breakfast your body will know oh ok this guys gonna eat breakfast again, so lets start digesting it right away.

Really awkward way to look at it.