PDA

View Full Version : Finially found a GOOD MEAL BAR?

beachmuscles
08-30-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.prosnack.com/info2.htm

What do you guys think of these? Seem almost perfect?

Just fruits, nuts, and whey protein isolates. Seems like a great snack for me to eat in between classes to hold me over til lunch. If you subtract the fiber (your suppose to right?) then it comes out to 20g carbs and 18g protein. Seems like a pretty good macro to me, also considering the 3-6g (unsaturated fat) is from almonds. They are also 3 seperate cookies as opposed to 1 bar. You also have to realize even though the 18g protein is kind of low, I think it's good enough as a small snack. By the way I think if your eating a crappy 35g protein bar, only 1/2 of the protein is actually digested since 1/2 of it is fillers usually. This one seems very promising.

Anyone have any input? These would be perfect for me to have in between my 830am breakfast and 12:45pm lunch. Any of them you would recommend, flavor wise (going by ingredients). Has anyone had these?

A 12 pack is 25.00 US Dollars, which doesn't seem bad at all. A little more then 2.00/bar.

Shao-LiN
08-30-2005, 08:16 PM
There are a few decent bars out there, quite a few recent ones that use oats for a carb source. But as long as the macros fit into your goals, have at it. You just gotta hope that that's what is actually in it as there have been quite a few bars tested that did not meet label claims.

If all else fails, there are a few do-it-yourself bar recipes in the recipe section.

beachmuscles
08-30-2005, 08:28 PM
This seems to be the best one I can find soo far. I dont really use it as a meal, more of a premeal snack to hold me over in long school days. I find this is the only one with whey as the protein source and only source, instead of fillers, and soy crap. This is also all natural and has a no saturated fat, and good unsaturated fat

Nito
08-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Decent, kind of low calories for a MRP bar though.

malkore
08-31-2005, 08:49 AM
looks like it has 17g of sugar too. could do worse though.
might look at Kong bars. a bit big if you're trying to cut though.

HILL
08-31-2005, 09:51 AM
make your won i do and their the best ive had

pbsteve09
08-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Those bars dont look too terrible.

beachmuscles
08-31-2005, 12:28 PM
looks like it has 17g of sugar too. could do worse though.
might look at Kong bars. a bit big if you're trying to cut though.

ya 17g of sugar from the fruit...

beachmuscles
08-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Those bars dont look too terrible.

What makes them look bad at all ?

pbsteve09
08-31-2005, 03:01 PM
What makes them look bad at all ?

I know for myself personally i dont react well with sugars. And 17Gs of sugar in one bar that only has 200 or so calories really isnt all that hot on my list. Is it better then most bars out there...hell yes..without a doubt.

GCD1
09-13-2005, 02:17 PM
It seems that the sugars in the bars is at least an unprocessed or unrefined sugar, right?

What I mean is the sugar is likely from the fruit as opposed to "high fructose corn syrup" type sugars?

They don't list the actual ingredients but they say all natural and no added ingredients, so it should be okay.

tigo
09-14-2005, 04:28 AM
make yer own