PDA

View Full Version : stuck at same weight

T-Unit
08-31-2005, 09:19 PM
When I first started bulking a while back I was about 150 lbs. In maybe a month or two I had gone up to 165 lbs. Ive been lifting the same since then but I cant get past 165 lbs. Ive also been eating about the same as I did when I gained all the weight and throw in an extra meal about every other day. I have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week (3 if there is a day Im not able to go, otherwise 4) but now Im trying to go 5 times a week (unless I can't make it to the gym for some reason). Should going 5 times a week help? And Is the reason I stopped gaining weight because of my diet or my workout?

DNL
08-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Usually if you're not gaining anymore weight that's because you're not eating enough. If after upping the calories and you're still unable to gain weight, chances are it's your training method.

But yeah, what's your routine and what's your diet like?

d'Anconia
08-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Almost definitely because of your diet.

Eat even more, I would use the same workout routine/split as you did when you gained the 15lbs.

Nosaj
08-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Uhm, you used to weight 150 lbs and now you weigh 165 lbs... yet you're eating the same as you did when you were 150 lbs. You now need to increase your calories to adjust for those extra 15 lbs of body weight to keep gaining mass. It's hard sometimes, but just keep eating until it hurts if gaining size is really what you want to do, if you're not full all day long, you're not eating enough! Make sure you're eating 1.5-2g of protein and .5g of fat per pound of body weight.

C'mon fatty, EAT THAT FOOD! =D

BG5150
08-31-2005, 10:13 PM
If calories CONSUMED is GREATER THAN calories EXPENDED you will gain weight.

If colories EXPENDED is LESS THAN calories CONSUMED you will lose weight.

d'Anconia
08-31-2005, 10:18 PM

I wish everyone knew that. It's so simple yet so many people don't understand the simple math involved.

smoove.
09-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Eat more
Drink More Milk/Water
Sleep More
Change your workout
Cut the cardio

All you need todo.

Bravo
09-01-2005, 10:35 AM

That second statement is wrong. I'm sure it's an honest mistake, though.

WBBIRL
09-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Im sure he understand that you have to get more cals then you use to gain weight. But he forgot that hes now 15lbs heavier and his body needs extra cals just to maintain those extra pounds. Hes eating for a 150lb person at 165lbs who wants to gain weight, on a bulk you are always gradually upping your cals. Something like 300-400 per day after every 15-20lbs or so.