PDA

View Full Version : Help when cutting.....

[[[----]]]
09-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey guys, its been a while since ive posted. How's everyone? Anyway, Im going to start a cut in like 2-3 months. I just wanted to know what foods should stay and which ones should go out of my diet. Here's my bulking diet..... 42g.powder
2 pieces wheat toast

tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread

banana

Chicken Sandwich on whole wheat

post workout/ 2 gatorades and usually a myoplex

prebed a bunch of natty pb 42g. protein and a
lot of skim milk.

So i was just wondering what in particular I should cut from this. Perhaps a whole bunch of the carbs and just go low carb?

getfit
09-01-2005, 10:38 AM
add some vegies to your diet!

more healthy fats!

[[[----]]]
09-01-2005, 11:18 AM
yeah, i guess i just threw veggies right out the window! lol will do. Also, is olive oil a good source of fat?

getfit
09-01-2005, 11:22 AM
most definently!

egg yolks
natty pb
nuts
avocados
olive oil
flax oil

have a look at our sticky on "what a bodybuilder eats"

[[[----]]]
09-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks

AzBboy
09-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Some may say cut the fruit and all simple sugars for that matter, I have, but I know others who've indulged in fruit while cutting and still have great results. The 'fruit will make you fat' argument will never die, its always a 50/50. I'm cautius and don't touch fruit, just in case. I won't even drink regular milk cus of all the sugar, I stick to soymilk. Also, besides your bread, I don't see any fiber in your diet. Getfit's suggestion of adding veg is a good start, also beans rices and lentils will help.

Built
09-01-2005, 01:06 PM
You can take a look at how I diet - it's in the link in my sig. I've been really liking how it worked for my cut - very slow mind you, but virtually NO loss of LBM or strength.

ShockBoxer
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
I've been having a hard time fitting the carbs from veggies into my pathetic 1600 to 1800 calorie diet. I have to scrape hard in order to get the fat and protein recommendations (actually, I rarely make it to 1 g protein per pound).

[[[----]]]
09-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Man built after seeing your member pics im definately going to have to check that diet out in your journal you looK awesome! What do you guys think i Should cut out a little of right now because im kinda getting a little TOO bulky in the stomach region!

[[[----]]]
09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Im gaining strength pretty consistently, cant complain about that though :)

Built
09-02-2005, 06:34 PM
]]']Man built after seeing your member pics im definately going to have to check that diet out in your journal you looK awesome! What do you guys think i Should cut out a little of right now because im kinda getting a little TOO bulky in the stomach region!

Thanks bud. :)

Only you can tell if you need to cut. You're the one who has to feel comfortable.

I'll be bulking in about 6 weeks, and I'll set a bodyfat level beyond which I won't continue my bulk. That way, I'll know when it's time to stop. Your head can REALLY mess with you when you lose definition and start seeing the fat settle down for the winter. I know I need a plan ahead of time, or I'll quit too soon.

MM
09-02-2005, 06:38 PM
What's your weight man? How'd the bulk go?

[[[----]]]
09-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah I definately know what you mean about the weight messing with you a little built. I mean, it's not too bad, but just more than usual. The bulks going really well though besides that. Good strength gains and i think im adding pretty good size SO FAR. I think I'm going to continue to bulk through to next summer. My overall goal is 220 by then hopefully. Im going to cut my cals i think by a couple hundred just to make myself feel less like a cow.:thumbup: