PDA

View Full Version : PLease help

dualman7
12-20-2001, 10:53 PM
Hey guys i really need your help. I am 19 years old, i work out about 3 times per week. I am trying to drop about 20 pounds while hopefully not losing my muscle, but honestly id trade in the muscle to lose the 20 pounds. My question is about vitamines and minerals. I have a huge eating disorder. I am never hungry, so i eat about once per day. My body is just never hungry and i cant just force food down my throat. Alot of times i work out at about 3 pm, and my 1st meal is at 4 pm. I dont take any vitamins or anything like that, so i was wondering if any of you can recommend any product? MY mom is a pharmacist so it should be pretty easy to get. YOu gotta excuse me because i dont know ANYTHING about specifics and etc, so if you could just recommend a good , safe product which will help me get healthy and speed up my metabolism id really appriciate it. I think thats my problme, because i dont eat, my metabolism is non existant. I am still in OK shape, i weight 206, i am very athletic. I just wanna finally be in not OK shape, but GOOD shape. ANd i think the nutritianol factor is the only thing stopping me. SO please if you can, recommend a good vitamin/product for me, i wanna get in ebtter shape, but i am not really sure iw anna try products which include ephidrene, that stuff scares the crap outta me.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

little guy
12-20-2001, 11:01 PM
You eat only once a day! Truthfully, no vitamin or supplement is going to make you into superman. You really need to work on your diet first. Try just snacking on something every few hours or so, maybe just a handfull of nuts or something. I noticed that the less frequently you eat the less hungry you are, and vice versa. So snack away and hopefully you'll get some kind of appetite. That should cure most of your problems.

Tryska
12-21-2001, 06:36 AM
are you the same person as dualman125?

if so, how come you didn't take the advice we gave you last time on this?

Joe Black
12-21-2001, 06:43 AM
he he

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654

Tryska
12-21-2001, 06:58 AM
heh. i guess we are gonna go through this every couple months. *lol*

dualman7
12-21-2001, 08:38 AM
yeah i akm the same guy, keep forgetting my password lol so i had to make enw account. I took your advice and loved it, i put on ALOT of muscle and lost some fat, through out the summer i ate three times per day but then school started and i just couldnt eat breakfast because of early morning classes, and then id grab soemthing to eat at like 3 pm. I just dont know what it is but my body doesnt need to eat. Like i wake up and there is no urge to eat until about 4 pm, i am not starving myself, id love to eat, i ll make a snadwitch and i just cant eat it. It's as if my body has learned not to like food or something, im really nervous aboiut it. Thats why id live some proudcts as advice sso they can help me get vitamins which i am not getting from food. Can you please recommend anything? LIke the name of the products and stuff? Thanks alot!!!!!!!! I am sorry to having keep bugging you guys every 3 months lol, but i keep improving and its as if i need that extra push from you guys, thank you by the way, and i am sorry if this is annoying you, but i REALLY need to start taking some sort of supplements, i just dont know anything about them, i read the article in the front page and its really helpful, but are there any supplements that combine like vitamin B like he said and etc? i am just hopinh someone here can name a good supplement for an average guy whos not getting enough of anything, i am gonna try eating more too. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Tryska
12-21-2001, 08:45 AM
nah..it's cool man...i was just curious, cuz it's seems like you pop up every couple months asking something along the same lines..*lol*

k...first off. EAT. don't look to get nutrition from a bottle of pills.

you say you don't get hungry right? it's most likely because you've learned to ignore your hunger signals, so now your body just doesn't send them anymore. how do you resolve this?

by putting yourself on an eating schedule where you are eating every 2-3 hours. after a while your body will come to expect food every three hours.

please don't tell me it's impossible to do because of your schedule or work or school or any other excuse you might come up with. find a way to do it, and do it.

Reinier
12-21-2001, 09:11 AM
*me too on trys*

dualman7
12-21-2001, 09:11 AM
THanks alot for the info, you guys are helping me even though i keep asking the same damn crap every 3 months, if it was me id just be ignoring the questions. lol my question disorder is worse than my diet disorder i guess???? The last thread is awesome, i just got to read the posts and they are really helpful and will help me. THing is i didnt get a chance to finish reading the helpful posts last time because i had to leave for college, and you guys were still posting helpful advice (HOW DARE YOU!!!! lol) So reading it now was awesome. Starting today i have 2 months off from school because of winter break. I am gonna tell my mom to cook as much as possible, i am gonna start eating as much as i can, if i start gaining wait i ll slow down. My problem was when i stopped working out like every day, i stopped working out, it was kinda hard to rejuvinate myself to going to the gym after not working out for 2 days. Now i work out 3 times per game and i am pretty organized (still dont know the names of excersises to excuse me" but its pretty standard stuff. I also added a treadmill to my work outs. I spend 20 mins on the tradmil at the end or in the middle of my work outs, i feel so great after it. Before i was kinda withdrawn from the treamill thinking "what kind of retards walk on the treadmill? go walk in the park" But now that i am doing it, its friggin amazing. THose of you who dont do it, if you just wanna have an incredible feeling, get on for 10 minutes, when you get off it feels like walking on air, amazing feeling. I just wanna take it to the next step now, i am gonna start buying protein plus bar like someone recommended, also the stick cheese is also an awesome snack tip, i used to love it in junior high school lol, thanks!!!!!!! I really wanna add some vitamins though, if i told my mom to get me some vitamin a,b,c or whatever would she need the produ t name or is it just called vitamin a bottle and etc? Also which vitamins should i get? or do i just get them all and take a capsule of each per day? LOL i am sorry i am making you go through this, it would seem like we're going from dumb questions to dumber questions eh? But i really need this simple advice, thanks!!!!!

Tryska
12-21-2001, 09:15 AM
here...check this article out for an overview of vitamins, and we can take it from there...

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=50

Reinier
12-21-2001, 09:17 AM
"or in the middle of my work outs"

dont do cardio in the middle of your lifting session.
dont do it before either as that would exhaust you for lifting.
Do it after, first of all your lifts will be better which is important to keep you from losing muscle along with the fat.

Also doing it after is more efficient to burn fat as your glycogen stores will be depleted from lifting, so you will start to burn fat str8 away, instead of after a long time of cardio on glycogen.

heathj
12-21-2001, 10:36 AM
What time does your school start?