PDA

View Full Version : Food absorbtion 2 questions

acabre03
12-20-2001, 11:54 PM
How much protein can the body really use to build muscle, per meal or rate(time)?

I heard if you eat "too much" of it at one sitting your body wont really process it and you'll
just end up crapping it.

How much time does it take for the body to dissolve and start absorbing nutrients from the foods you eat (an estimate)?

Paul Stagg
12-21-2001, 08:41 AM
How much protein can the body really use to build muscle, per meal or rate(time)?

** there is not a quantified limit.

I heard if you eat "too much" of it at one sitting your body wont really process it and you'll
just end up crapping it.

** Untrue

How much time does it take for the body to dissolve and start absorbing nutrients from the foods you eat (an estimate)?

** Depends on the foods. Why?

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-21-2001, 09:24 AM
for all three questions the answer is 42.

Wizard
12-21-2001, 11:38 AM
Questions 1 and 3 are not so specific.It depends on a lot of factors..

Orange357
12-21-2001, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
for all three questions the answer is 42.

:p :rolleyes:

acabre03
12-21-2001, 11:02 PM

** Depends on the foods. Why?
In general I thought that if the body absorbs food at some rate, and can "extract" only a limited amount of protein for muscle build up, then it might be pointless if I consume too much protein at one sitting.
Basically I don't want to eat more than I have to in order to grow muscle tissue. Especially if the body can only process a certain amount of protein per meal or time.

body
12-22-2001, 03:49 AM
3. after about 4 hours you will start your fisrt phase of starvation.
but this a guide line.