PDA

View Full Version : How do you eat your eggs???

HILL
09-02-2005, 11:09 AM
im guna start having alot more eggs as im cutting so im coming off my liquad diet. now i have been scrambling them in the microwave then putting them on toast but i would prefer to fry them and i can then have them on toast or with my meat on a night as im not having any carbs after my post workout shake. my main question is, is frying them worse than having them scrambled or not as ill be either using olive oil or soy oil to cook them in.

HILL

getfit
09-02-2005, 11:10 AM
boiled usually, sometimes i'll make an omelette

oh and i cook my omelette in olive oil!

thajeepster
09-02-2005, 11:15 AM
i like em mixed in with my oatmeal... mmm porridge :D

Manveet
09-03-2005, 09:45 PM
omelette all the way! (bell peppers, tomatoes, etc.)

and then put them on some whole wheat toast.

Built
09-03-2005, 10:20 PM
I hard boil them the night before.

That way I can just eat 'em while I'm still half-asleep in the AM.

TTT
09-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Try having them poached, with plenty of salt in the water. Then put them on toast with either Worcestershire sauce or Marmite/Vegemite (if you can find some where you are). It's a good combination.

NecroFeelYa
09-03-2005, 10:39 PM
I crack mine into a custard dish or small cup, cover it with a napkin, and microwave it for about a minute and a half. It tastes just like a hardboiled egg but I don't have to peel it and it takes way less time. The only problem is that if you don't cover them well enough they explode in the dish.

HILL
09-04-2005, 03:38 AM
do you think its bad for you frying them if i do it with olive oil.

YungLifter
09-04-2005, 04:42 AM
boiled...yes i know boring but ey. I eat the with SF maple srup if that helps=)

D Breyer
09-04-2005, 08:20 AM
<<< can't cook an omelette to save his life

hard boiled for lunch/dinner

scrambled with bacon/cheddar cheese everyday for breakfast

WILLGETNICE
09-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Veggie omelettes all the way.

Shao-LiN
09-04-2005, 10:05 AM
do you think its bad for you frying them if i do it with olive oil.

Is there something about frying it that you would think is bad for you if you're using olive oil? As long as you're mindful of the fat content of the olive oil and include it in your caloric goals, it's fine.

HILL
09-04-2005, 11:19 AM
i thought so its just every1 always says frying stuffs bad. i thought it wouldnt matter just wanted conf

thanks

Built
09-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Frying may be safer using a saturated fat. I fry in butter. I use olive oil for salads.

Unreal
09-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Scambled. Normally I take 2 medium whole eggs, 2-4 egg whites, 1/2 cup egg substitute if I have some laying around. Mix i up well with some salt/pepper. Throw it in a nonstick skillet sprayed with oliveoil spray. Add a can of green chili. Enjoy.

beachmuscles
09-04-2005, 02:50 PM
im guna start having alot more eggs as im cutting so im coming off my liquad diet. now i have been scrambling them in the microwave then putting them on toast but i would prefer to fry them and i can then have them on toast or with my meat on a night as im not having any carbs after my post workout shake. my main question is, is frying them worse than having them scrambled or not as ill be either using olive oil or soy oil to cook them in.

HILL

You can microwave eggs? I never knew that! How long do you micro it for, and what do you put it in? taste the same?

Shao-LiN
09-04-2005, 03:23 PM
i thought so its just every1 always says frying stuffs bad. i thought it wouldnt matter just wanted conf

thanks

Well, the "bad mojo" associated with fried foods (usually from fast food places) is that they use a ton of oil to fry the stuff, and it's usually in something like canola oil or what not. So, you have a ton of grease and fat that you usually can't account for, while frying it yourself, you know exactly what is in there.

Shao-LiN
09-04-2005, 03:25 PM
You can microwave eggs? I never knew that! How long do you micro it for, and what do you put it in? taste the same?

Skillet over an open flame/source of heat is just a method of heating. Microwave is the same...though it may not be as efficient in cooking some foods.

D Breyer
09-04-2005, 08:30 PM
skillet tastes better imo..... i tried both once with my eggbeaters. (half a cup on the skillet half in the microwave) maybe i didn't to it right though, who knows

qside
09-04-2005, 10:31 PM
how long do you guys hard boil the eggs? sometimes I find the eggs hard to peel.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-04-2005, 10:44 PM
I scramble them and mix them with a lot of different ingredients in a massive breakfast burrito.

Out_in_MN
09-04-2005, 10:59 PM
No yolks for me, thanks. I throw 'em away. The eggwhites get cooked in my oatmeal.

Built
09-04-2005, 11:03 PM
You don't like yolks? Not even one?

HelpMeLift
09-04-2005, 11:07 PM
I eat mine scrambled, whites using olive oil. oh and with ketchup.

TTT
09-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Well, the "bad mojo" associated with fried foods (usually from fast food places) is that they use a ton of oil to fry the stuff, and it's usually in something like canola oil or what not. So, you have a ton of grease and fat that you usually can't account for, while frying it yourself, you know exactly what is in there.

Also, because of the caramelization/charring processes going on, it generates a lot of organic compounds that MAY be carcinogenic.
I've also heard (from a chemistry prof, take that as you will) that you should never fry anything in margarine, as the unsaturated fats in it can be a great free radical generation source when you heat it up (as Built said).

YungLifter
09-05-2005, 04:16 AM
If you do your eggs in microwave its gunna stink up your whole house. When i tried it my mom smacked me over head=( I wanted to laugh but I held it in b/c then id get smacked again=\

Haaji Dont Surf
09-05-2005, 04:32 PM
My mom boils them and peels them before she leaves for work... I just wake up and eat the whites.

HILL
09-06-2005, 10:15 AM
when i was microwaving them i use 5 eggs only 2 with yolks some milk and butter mix with fork then mike till fluffy. always find there a bit runny tho or soggy and they soggy my bread. dnt like that

djreef
09-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I eat mine scrambled with butter (REAL butter - NOT margarine), and make egg sandwiches out of them with 12 grain toast, and a big glass of milk. That's gotta be one of my favorite meals. I've been eating my eggs like this for as long as I can remember.

DJ

BossHawg02
09-08-2005, 07:54 PM
omlet would get us the most protein....just add a lil milk to it...and u can spice it up....with like tomatoes or peppers or anything....so you dont get burnt out....I mean the calories are a lil more but so is the protein......

BossHawg02
09-08-2005, 07:59 PM
forget to add....man, duck eggs are the best....if u can get your hands on some, I think like 8-12g's of protein per egg if I'm not mistaken......u can google it

Naab
09-12-2005, 02:18 PM
i hard boil them as well..... usually by the carton...then its two whole a day, every day

HILL
09-13-2005, 11:57 AM
an update as of yesterday im not eating eggs had 4 yesterday and ive been spewing all day so am not impressed lol