PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help

Young_Wun
09-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey cud someone tell me if i should be really pushing myself in the gym while cuttting, i havent started yet, and would also like to know how long i should cut and bulk for (i've been eating quite alot for the last 3 weeks)
And say i finish my bulking diet after the cut, should i go straight back to a cut??

Built
09-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Short, heavy sets for cutting, yes.

HILL
09-03-2005, 03:10 PM
you could till ure happy with the percentage of body fat then bulk up increasing the muscle u have till u gotnto much fat then cut back down easy.

Young_Wun
09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
So how less intense should it be compared to when you are bulking?

HILL
09-03-2005, 04:57 PM
your training should ne intense no matter what

Built
09-03-2005, 05:14 PM
:withstupi

The biggest difference between cutting and bulking is the diet, and possibly the inclusion of some cardio.

Your lifting should be heavy and intense either way. You'll probably be able to do more volume and make gains when you're bulking. When I'm cutting, I basically just try to hang on to the gains I've made.

Young_Wun
09-04-2005, 06:00 AM
Sounds good; so how long should i be cutting before im ready to bulk My aim is to gain around 2 stone (28 pounds) And could someone please explain the real purpose of cutting, or a link would be fine.

HILL
09-04-2005, 09:25 AM
the real purpose of cutting is to loose bodyfat while keeping as much muscle as possible. say ure at 15% bf now. u want to gain 2 stone now that could take 3 months or 9 months depending on ure diet. now say while uve put on 2 stone ure b/f has gone upto 18% the idea is u now after gaining that weight cut down to ure 15% b/f and u should be atleast a stone heavier obviously of muscle.

All of this is already on this site with much more ifo than u could possibly need if you just search. all u need to do is type in cutting and ull get loadsa of stuff

Young_Wun
09-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Ok thanks for that, but i thought cutting was also a phase so that you can shock your body to put on weight. For example: Ive been eating alot for the past 4 weeks, and my body is probley used to the intake by now, but if i decide to go on a diet for 2 weeks that contains of much less calories than i have been eating, much body will want me but eventully get used to this, so when i bulk again i will shock my body to put on weight because its not used to this much intake, hence; cut now bulk later, wont this allow me to put weight on quicker?