PDA

View Full Version : nutrisystem

crazedwombat
09-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Ok, so I've been looking at the nutrisystem. For those that will just say, buy in bulk, cook it all yourself and dont pay all that money, just can it, I'm not asking for those responses.

I'm curious as to whether or not it decent. If anyone has tried it and whether it worked or not. www.nutrisystem.com is what it is. seems cool, for about 10$ a day. you get food for 5 weeks. worked out to be about 260 for 5 weeks for me. Now this system is not for bulking or packing on mass. it's for maintaining while I drop weight. Apparentally without exercise i'm dropping 10-15lbs a month, but with cardio which i've been doing it will compound the loss (duh). now the difference i made to the program is that instead of some crappy snacks twice a day i'm going to down protein shakes. This will help my protein levels stay good while I lightly condition the muscles back to agility. what do you' all think?

basically you only eat the food they send to your door. Besides costs, anything bad about it? I work 45+ hours a week and next week will be 50+, i dont want to take the brief free times to cook or i'm just too damned tired to. I get to the gym for light weights and cardio 3 times a week either afterw work or on my day off. thoughts?

Bruise Brubaker
09-03-2005, 03:23 PM
-So, you'll be getting like 5$ worth of food for 10$
-You might end getting stuff you don't like the taste.
-How fresh will the shipped food be... (and its quality)

-High in carbs, low in fat... low in protein certainly... Yes you take protein supplements, but that's not enough.

-Very low in calories I guess...

[[[----]]]
09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
hmmm, looks alright to me. Hey and its convenient!

crazedwombat
09-03-2005, 04:27 PM
-So, you'll be getting like 5$ worth of food for 10$
-You might end getting stuff you don't like the taste.
-How fresh will the shipped food be... (and its quality)

-High in carbs, low in fat... low in protein certainly... Yes you take protein supplements, but that's not enough.

-Very low in calories I guess...

actually you got to pick what you wanted. they give you a menu. on top of that, its supposed to be balanced. oh and its definitely more balanced than i eat now. the last few weeks i've been finding myself accidentally skipping meals and not realizing it because i've been busy and just putting it off. and I'm sure some of it is processed stuff but i doubt it'll be anything like empty calories. Also, the program i'm on compensates for men and maintaining muscle. so I guess i'll run the 5 weeks and see what happens.

Tony H
09-03-2005, 09:48 PM
It's based on 3 meals a day instead of 6 or so smaller meals. That can't be good for cutting.

Shao-LiN
09-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Why not? You can drop fat on 3 meals a day provided the caloric deficit is there.

crazedwombat
09-04-2005, 06:55 AM
actually, its based on 4 meals a day and 2 snacks...i'm subing my snacks for protein shakes. so that i'm closer to the needed protein by the end of the day.

D Breyer
09-04-2005, 08:16 AM
did you hear about this from phil margera? on that show on VH1 (celebrity weight loss w/e) he is sponsored by nutrisystem and gets like 20 crates of the stuff. he seems to like it and his fat loss is substantial. on that last episode i watched, they showed him the first day only being able to do one pushup, and barley being able to run, and then again a month or two later, and he could do 20 solid pushups and run for an extended period of time.

maybe you should try and get sponsored... like jerrad from subway or something lol

HILL
09-04-2005, 09:27 AM
the above has to do with training also not just diet. if his diet had been spot on but he didnt train i doubt he would have improved so much. the same as without a good diet but training im sure he could work upto 20 push ups

crazedwombat
09-04-2005, 08:28 PM
well i was watching the celeb fit club season but i had actually heard about it awhile ago. Just thought I'd try it. heh, just get down to a reasonable bf maybe 10/11% and I'm good, then I can start adding to the thickness. I find it way too easy to gain weight...

Praetorian
09-04-2005, 09:43 PM
that looks pretty good.

i wish they shipped to Oz
:(