PDA

View Full Version : cooked food

big calvin
09-03-2005, 08:03 PM
i tried doing a couple searches but couldnt find the information i needed, how long will cooked food last in a fridge? and could i freeze it again once i cook it or it has to go in the fridge only?

mainly poultry,white fish,rice and steak

thank you

big calvin
09-03-2005, 11:49 PM
ttt

Built
09-03-2005, 11:55 PM
You can freeze it once you've cooked it.

Otherwise, everyone would have died in the fifties with the introduction of the TV dinner.

Most cooked foods will last at least a few days in the fridge. If in doubt, smell it.

Shao-LiN
09-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Or do what people in the old days did, pour some salt on it =).

Unreal
09-04-2005, 01:09 PM
I've had cooked chicken breast for up to 5-6 days in the fridge before I eat it. If it goes that long I just make sure to microwave it and heat it throughly before eating it. Haven't go sick yet.

Rice should be fine for awhile. Atleast a week as long as its in a sealed container. Steak, who knows, its so tasty it doesn't last more then a few hours.

Fish, never stored. Its usually gross reheated so I only cook one portion of fish at any given time.

getfit
09-04-2005, 01:37 PM
I've had cooked chicken breast for up to 5-6 days in the fridge before I eat it. If it goes that long I just make sure to microwave it and heat it throughly before eating it. Haven't go sick yet.

Rice should be fine for awhile. Atleast a week as long as its in a sealed container. Steak, who knows, its so tasty it doesn't last more then a few hours.

Fish, never stored. Its usually gross reheated so I only cook one portion of fish at any given time.
actually i've heard that rice should be no longer then 3 days in the fridge!
well that's what i've heard not sure if it applies!

i'll have to search and see!