PDA

View Full Version : My Diet? What diet.... I need help!

Invain
09-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Well, I'm pretty new to disciplined weight training. I've been lifting for a year now, and have made gains, but the more I read on this forum, it sounds like I'm just lucky to be born with the body I have....

I have a fast metabolism, and I've always just kinda eaten whatever I've wanted. Never had to worry about anything, and I've always had the same average body fat %. I've been reading that diet is definitely very important in body building, and I know that's one area where I'm really lacking in.

I know I need to start eating 5 - 6 meals a day, but I need a little time ot figure out how I'm gonna do it since I'm in school and other stuff.

For now, I've pledged to never touch a drop of pop again, and I'm drinking about a gallon of water a day, faithfully. I just started this like 3 days ago though, so I can't say that it's working yet.

I know I need to cut out all the junk food and sweets, and eat lots more lean meat and increase my protein intake.

What I'm basically asking, is what should I eat, and not eat? My plan is to for now, bulk up, so I figured I'm gonna need to start eating a lot more. I don't want to pile on the fat either, so I know I should watch what kinds of stuff I eat.

I know I should use the search engine, and read other sites on the net, but I don't even know where to start, and would really like some down to earth tips. I don't plan on watching every single calory and gram of protein I eat a day, and I don't plan on buying tons of powders and supplements either.

getfit
09-04-2005, 06:27 PM
sticky"what a bodybuilder eats" i would have a look there!

pbsteve09
09-04-2005, 06:37 PM
:withstupi that and if you need help tracking calories or seeing what your nutrient breakdown is, use www.fitday.com

Invain
09-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I read the sticky a few minutes after posting this thread, great stuff, thanks.