PDA

View Full Version : Hot dogs or peanut butter

Kylethechaotic
09-05-2005, 04:46 PM
We dont have that much food around the house, and I drink about 3/4 of a gallon of milk a day because im bulking, but..would it be healthier to eat alot of hot dogs or peanut butter, for bulking?

getfit
09-05-2005, 04:50 PM
if it's a natty pb then yes!

Kylethechaotic
09-05-2005, 04:52 PM
lol, no, its regular, oh yeah, ive been eating oatmeal, and i have to put sugar in it so it tastes okay, but you guys said sugar wasnt bad so it shouldnt be a big deal.

getfit
09-05-2005, 04:54 PM
i'd get natty better for you!

Kylethechaotic
09-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Dont have any money...but Im looking for a job..lol, luckily I still have a ton of protien.

getfit
09-05-2005, 05:14 PM
you have money for protein but not for some natty pb

i'm confused?

how's your diet like now?

Kylethechaotic
09-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I did have money, I already bought the protien, but right now I have no money..

Ive been drinking alot of milk, alot of protien shakes with milk, taking a daily vitamin, oatmeal like twice a day, alot of ham sandwiches, peanut butter sandwiches, hot dogs...thats about it

getfit
09-05-2005, 05:27 PM
son ahave a look on "what a bodybuilder eats" i feel like a damn tape recorder on how many times i've posted this! :p

add veggies
healthy fats!
lalalalaa!

threatmix
09-05-2005, 05:34 PM
lol, no, its regular, oh yeah, ive been eating oatmeal, and i have to put sugar in it so it tastes okay, but you guys said sugar wasnt bad so it shouldnt be a big deal.

Actually, sugar is bad, but if it's just a little in your oatmeal, it shouldn't be that much a problem. If you want a sweetener, I suggest Stevia. It's natural, and it's actually good for you, as opposed to sugar and artificial sweeteners. But then again, I'm sure it's more expensive than sugar, which would be a problem if you're on a tight budget.

I'm at college right now, paying for most of my food, so I'm in roughly the same state as you. My diet consists mainly of protein powder, tuna, oatmeal, and natural peanut butter, which are all cheap and healthy.

spencerjrus
09-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Sugar isnt bad if your goal is to become big, its only bad if your goal is to be healthy and keep your insulin levels stable.

pbsteve09
09-05-2005, 06:41 PM
idk what the hell is made out of hot dogs..so id automatically go with PB. But like getfit said go with Natty Pb. Its not expensive, and its very healthy

getfit
09-05-2005, 06:43 PM
i belive hot dogs are made of all the left over scrap from different meats!

someone correct me if i'm wrong this is what i've heard!

pbsteve09
09-05-2005, 06:45 PM
yummm pigs booty holes.....i think im going to go load up on hot dogs now *barf*

YungLifter
09-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Natty pb is same priceas regular so theirs no excuse about money. All you have to do is choose.

getfit
09-05-2005, 06:57 PM
ok i just checked on hot dogs and they're made of what i posted above!

oh dear! i'm happier now being a vegetarian :D

spencerjrus
09-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I never realized you could be a vegetarian bodybuilder.

mercury
09-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah hotdogs are made of all the scraps of meat that is left over (including any organ meats). It's the other stuff besides the meat you have to worry about. :D

Shao-LiN
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
I never realized you could be a vegetarian bodybuilder.

Protein powder, dairy sources, etc. and you have an alternate source of protein. We aren't in the stone ages...meat isn't the only source of protein, though it is a good source.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Hot dogs and regular peanut butter are both bad for you. PB with its hydrogenated fat/trans fat and hot dogs with their preservatives that turn into a toxic substance when it passes through the liver. I started buying Smucker's Natural PB and although there's slightly less flavor than the unhealthy crap, it still tastes pretty damn good. Like getfit said (and says a LOT ;)), read "What A Bodybuilder Eats". It'll give you more options to choose from.

dissipate
09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
ok i just checked on hot dogs and they're made of what i posted above!

oh dear! i'm happier now being a vegetarian
rofl!

and i didn't know you were a vegetarian...............

TTT
09-05-2005, 09:42 PM
yummm pigs booty holes.....i think im going to go load up on hot dogs now *barf*

Pigs' booty holes are good for you.

Someone should make a cereal called that. It'd be better than some of the stuff on the market today.

getfit
09-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Protein powder, dairy sources, etc. and you have an alternate source of protein. We aren't in the stone ages...meat isn't the only source of protein, though it is a good source.
exactly! so far so good! :)

getfit
09-06-2005, 01:50 AM
rofl!

and i didn't know you were a vegetarian...............
diss, have been since i was 13-14 from what i remember :)

law56ker
09-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Who cares what hotdogs are made out of, think of tuna or other meats, it's all dead animal who cares.

law56ker
09-06-2005, 08:14 AM
And if your going eat hotdogs buy the turkey ones, they are lower in fat. At walmart y9ou can buy a package of like 20 of them for 3 dollars.

dissipate
09-06-2005, 08:45 AM
diss, have been since i was 13-14 from what i remember
whoa pretty long. any reason for turning vegetarian?

and... ya know it's all your fault....... when i see sausages in the supermarket now i think of pigs' butt holes :(

P.S. would turkey sausages also be made of turkey butt holes and organs?

law56ker
09-06-2005, 08:51 AM

and... ya know it's all your fault....... when i see sausages in the supermarket now i think of pigs' butt holes :(

People need to grow-up a little.

getfit
09-06-2005, 08:53 AM

just never liked meat much when i was little my mom always had a hard time feeding me meat so i just decided not to eat it at all but i'm healthy :)

malkore
09-06-2005, 10:19 AM
turkey dogs are indeed more scrap meat, a lot of it dark meat. slightly better than hot dogs, but still extremely processed.

If I can't pronounce the preservatives used in the processed food, I put it back on the shelf.

Nosaj
09-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Just beg your parents to buy you "what a bodybuilder eats" next time you're at the grocery store... hell I'm 23 and I still do that once in a while, works like a charm. (especially on the moms, they are genetically encoded to want to feed you!)

law56ker
09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't understand how people can be grossed out by hotdogs, but then they eat eggs which is undeveloped chicken fetis.

getfit
09-06-2005, 11:20 AM
and some people eat brains!

John04Civic
09-06-2005, 12:56 PM
i'd get natty better for you!
What is the difference between natty and regular?

I eat the "smooth" Jiff PB. Is there something better?

getfit
09-06-2005, 01:03 PM
regular-trans fats-hydrogenated veg oil

natty-roasted peanuts just mix the oil in!

Nito
09-06-2005, 01:04 PM
What is the difference between natty and regular?

I eat the "smooth" Jiff PB. Is there something better?

Jiff PB has hydrogenated fats (trans fats) in it. You should stay away from this. Try to get a natural peanut butter.

Nito
09-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Damn getfit beat me to it

getfit
09-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Damn getfit beat me to it
SHAZAMMMM ;)

John04Civic
09-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Jiff PB has hydrogenated fats (trans fats) in it. You should stay away from this. Try to get a natural peanut butter.

Does places like Wal-Mart of groceries offer a "natural" PB, or do I need to make it myself??

getfit
09-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I BELIEVE ANY SUPERMARKET would carry it! or natural food store

John04Civic
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
I BELIEVE ANY SUPERMARKET would carry it! or natural food store
Sweet, I will check out Wal-Mart tonight (all we really got around here)

muscleup
09-06-2005, 01:39 PM
And if your going eat hotdogs buy the turkey ones, they are lower in fat. At walmart y9ou can buy a package of like 20 of them for 3 dollars.
Legit
Turkey @ss-hole is less fatty than cow @ss-hole

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-06-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't understand how people can be grossed out by hotdogs, but then they eat eggs which is undeveloped chicken fetis.Yeah, eggs are unborn chicken embryo juice...and basically ALL meat is muscles from different parts of an animal. But those don't turn toxic in your liver. Hot dogs don't gross me out. What happens when it gets into your body bothers me.

law56ker
09-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah, eggs are unborn chicken embryo juice...and basically ALL meat is muscles from different parts of an animal. But those don't turn toxic in your liver. Hot dogs don't gross me out. What happens when it gets into your body bothers me.
I have a hard time believing that hotdogs turn toxic in your liver. Sounds like another urban legend.

malkore
09-06-2005, 02:48 PM
all i know is that I can't pronounce half the chemical additives/ingredients they put into hotdog 'meat' during processing.
and I know that I CAN pronounce all the ingredients in eggs...its ummmm....eggs?

its not the grossness of what I'm eating, its the grossness of knowing how bad it is for my body...how hard it's going to be to digest.

dissipate
09-06-2005, 09:56 PM
turkey dogs are indeed more scrap meat, a lot of it dark meat. slightly better than hot dogs, but still extremely processed.
hmm so they _are_ not that good..

Turkey @ss-hole is less fatty than cow @ss-hole
rofl comparing holes now are we...

and some people eat brains!
mm you're right... yall come visit me one day.. i'll take ya for pig intestines and stomach soup, fried duck tongues, sea snails

Shao-LiN
09-06-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't understand how people can be grossed out by hotdogs, but then they eat eggs which is undeveloped chicken fetis.

It's not about being "grossed out". In addition, eggs are a good source of protein and fat, while hot dogs...aren't.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-06-2005, 10:08 PM
I have a hard time believing that hotdogs turn toxic in your liver. Sounds like another urban legend.No, it's not an urban legend or a myth. The preservatives in hot dogs turn toxic when they pass through the liver.