PDA

View Full Version : jumpsoles

dhodson
09-05-2005, 05:19 PM
anyone have any experience with jumpsoles

http://www.jumpusa.com/p14.htm

im looking to jump higher but more importantly for my calves not to look so bad. I currently work them out 3 times a week but and am likely genetically limited but still id like to try and do better.

D

jack_of_all
09-05-2005, 06:40 PM
are there any FREE programs that can up a persons vertical? i think i could make some of those jump soles on my own.

ive always wanted to be able to dunk though, that would be hella ****ing sweet.

Tony H
09-05-2005, 08:17 PM
If your calves are not getting stronger you're probably overworking them. Or you're not working with heavy weight like you should.

Basketball players do squats and deadlift and calf raises. I'm sure many do something like good mornings or straight-legged deadlift for their hamstrings. Stronger legs = higher vertical leap and faster acceleration. You have to lift weights and progressively move up in weight.

I would think a lower rep, higher weight leg routine would be best for sheer leg strength and vertical leap. Don't forget to actually work on the vertical leap itself too. Maybe even with weight.

d'Anconia
09-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah 3x a week sounds like too much. Wanna post your calf workouts (which I hope are attached to leg workouts)?

And yeah from what I understand, doing plyometrics would help to complement a weight routine.