PDA

View Full Version : Foods ingenral

muscleup
09-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Majority of my cals are coming from chicken, beef & Milk.
1. Is this okay?

If I am looking at a plate of Chicken, green beans and potatos, and do not think I can finnish everything, I tend to force the chicken down first and foremost since it has the highest amount of cals. I don't want to fill up on greenbeans and be stuck at 60cals consumed and a full stomach rather than eating the chicken first and get close to 350cals.

2. Anyone feel sick after eating peanuts/Peanut-butter on an empty stomach?

3. I usually eat rasin bran for b-fast, but sometimes I substitute it with 3-4 granola bars (quaker oat style). Are the sugars in those granola bars really bad?

4. If I add a raw egg to my protein shake, is that waisting the egg since it isn't cooked?

I'm on a bulk and am trying to stay away from Unnesessary fats because I am self conscience of my stomach and waist-line.

malkore
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
1. no, because I see no carbs, no fiber. You need plenty of complex carbs to help increase muscle mass.

2. no, never. sounds like a food allergy maybe

3. since you're bulking, no, but if you were maintaining or trying to lean out, then simple sugars are bad. If those bars contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, avoid them no matter what.

4. no but you're running the risk of giving yourself salmonella poisoning.

Being on a bulk means you're going to gain some fat, especialy with the diet you've described.
Fat doesn't make you fat...excess calories make you fat.
If you want to avoid gaining much fat when bulking, then do a search on Clean Bulking...eat clean foods, just more of them so you have a calorie surplus.

muscleup
09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Everything "Clean" that has a decent calorie # is chicken or lean beef.

Whats high for Fructose Corn Syrup?

malkore
09-07-2005, 09:31 AM
if HFCS is listed in the first 5 ingredients, its high. personally I avoid it at all costs.

You'll usually find it in anything low fat or low carb. it adds body and texture to foods lacking fat...but it's also like sugar on steroids and wrecks havoc on your insulin levels.

Many doctors and researchers are beginning to point to HFCS in soda as a primary factor in outbreak of type 2 diabetes in children.

HILL
09-07-2005, 10:18 AM
if your bulking carbs can be just as important as protein. if you cant eat enough solid food then have shakes to help you get the calories. start tracking your calories as well otherwise you are never going to know wether your gaining weight loosing weight or maintaining

TheGimp
09-07-2005, 10:26 AM
4. no but you're running the risk of giving yourself salmonella poisoning.

Cooking the egg makes the protien more bioavailable. There's really no reason to eat raw eggs like that. Egg beaters would be OK as they have been pasteurized which involves heating the egg to 120C. This is sufficient to denature the avidin and make the protein bioavailable.

muscleup
09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
if your bulking carbs can be just as important as protein. if you cant eat enough solid food then have shakes to help you get the calories. start tracking your calories as well otherwise you are never going to know wether your gaining weight loosing weight or maintaining
I tracked my cals for about 3 weeks on fitday. I know I need over 3k cals/day to gain anything (closer to 4k).

Even though I have the bodybuilder grocery list on my fridge, carbs elude me.

muscleup
09-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Cooking the egg makes the protien more bioavailable. There's really no reason to eat raw eggs like that. Egg beaters would be OK as they have been pasteurized which involves heating the egg to 120C. This is sufficient to denature the avidin and make the protein bioavailable.
I don't plan on eating anymore raw eggs.

muscleup
09-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Do I have to cook Quaker Oats to get the nutritional value?
What kinda oats should I get?
Can I just grind them up in my protein shake?

HILL
09-07-2005, 03:32 PM
try grinding oats up in a blender as ure bulking and add peantur butter protein powder and milk i think mine worked out at 60p/84c/24f/800cal or sumit like that.

muscleup
09-07-2005, 05:20 PM
well, i need to finnish off this strawberry protein powder first before opening my vannilla. And PB doesn't go good with fruit in my shake, but i thought oats might not make a difference.