PDA

View Full Version : what to eat after cardio

Vsire
09-07-2005, 04:11 AM
At times (like today) during my non work out days I will do some cardio just for the heck of it. Normally I'll do some outdoor running and complete it about 1 hour before my dinner. I was wondering, should I eat anything after my cardio or should I just wait an hour later for dinner? If a post cardio meal is reccomended, should it be something similar like a post workout meal which consist of protein and simple carbs? Or does a post cardio meal consist of only protein?

diesel_dan
09-07-2005, 04:40 AM
im not sure, but I would eat a post cardio meal that consisted of protein and carbs. Maybe even some fats... i guess depending on your goals (bulking, cutting, maintain?).. really though depending on how many calories you burn from cardio your post workout meal may be a waste. im not sure though thats just my opinion.

Nito
09-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Repair glycogen with some fast acting carbs. (Simple Sugars)

Slim Schaedle
09-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Repair glycogen with some fast acting carbs. (Simple Sugars)
Not trying to be a picky b----, but glycogen is replenished, not repaired.

HILL
09-07-2005, 10:21 AM
it depends if your cutting i went to a seminar once that stated your metabolism is very high after cardio or something along those lines that means ure body is burning alot of cals, more than usual and they said dont eat after cardio for an hour. now i didnt follow any of the info from this seminar as i didnt agree with some of it, and im not sure how tru this is.

Built
09-07-2005, 10:33 AM
I usually eat protein with fat after cardio. Not that I do a ton of cardio, but after my AM empty walk, I eat my egg whites with one yolk and a pat of butter.

After HIIT, well, feed HIIT like a lifting workout.