PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on potassium..

Pjsb
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Over the last 2 years I have been in the hospital 3 times for atrial fibrillation (one case was induced by a 33 drink binge on my 21st tuttut ) of the heart (the defibrillators feel nothing short of being smashed in the chest with a basball bat) and more recently started showing signs of mild stable angina... had some blood work done and found that I have been suffering from a potassium deficiency. I started doing some research and everything makes sense now. I am definitely upping my potassium intake to 6-7 grams for a week and then dropping down to a maintanence dosage of 4 grams. The following article/editorial makes some interesting points in how important it really is. This is one mineral I will be SURE to get more enough of in the future.

http://www.joevialls.co.uk/vialls/potassium.html

Spartan936
09-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Don't forget that a healthy diet and a good amount of exercise have more of an effect on health (and the heart) than does one mineral.

But yeah, potassium is good. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, no need to moniter your "dosage" unless a professional tells you to.

Pjsb
09-07-2005, 09:37 PM
This is true, however the specific problems I have (including having high cholesterol while watching the cholesterol in my diet) can be traced back to this deficiency.