PDA

View Full Version : How to get back into lifting quickest

jazer80
09-08-2005, 05:33 PM
alright i've started a new routine after not lifting for a little bit, and can't remember which way will get me back to my old volume quicker:

1) slowly add volume on a weekly basis, and get there in like a month - month and a half, or

2) just go to the gym and begin doing my routine wiht my old volume, and be incapacitated for days after my first workouts.

i'm not very concerned about being sore, i just want to get back to my old volume as quickly as possible; anyone have an opinion on this?

Built
09-08-2005, 05:51 PM
If it was me, I'd just do the same workout, but a LOT lighter. Try to increment each workout until you're back up to speed.

fixationdarknes
09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah, and plan out a good diet too.

Built
09-08-2005, 07:07 PM
:withstupi

D'oh! How could I have forgotten to mention this!

Nice catch, Fixation!

fixationdarknes
09-08-2005, 08:15 PM
lol. Well diet is only mentioned in about every other post, so it's sort of become a part of me now.

Sensei
09-08-2005, 09:45 PM
1) slowly add volume on a weekly basis, and get there in like a month - month and a half, or

2) just go to the gym and begin doing my routine wiht my old volume, and be incapacitated for days after my first workouts.

i'm not very concerned about being sore, i just want to get back to my old volume as quickly as possible; anyone have an opinion on this?

I think that you might do better to increase volume by increasing training frequency rather than increasing the volume of each individual session.

I would definately choose option #1 if it were me... Option #2 would just make my training poundages drop in a hurry.

jazer80
09-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Yeah, and plan out a good diet too.
god, doesn't that go without saying by now? haha jk. it's so funny how people neglect nutrition. I'm a health nut, almost everythign i eat is very good, even though it's mostly for general nutrition / strength, since i cannot put on bf.

well, i'll try that approach (upping volume through increased frequency of workouts, not increasing volume through just going into a the gym and doing what i want in one sitting). thanks for the input, i just hate this 'entry' period going from nothing to fullspeed

AJ Roberts
09-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I would go with option one so that the body gets used to the workload again. You will be surprised at how quick your strength levels come back!