PDA

View Full Version : Do all you guys do your cardio on tredmills?

Kayo
09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
It seems like im the only one who doesnt run on tredmills i cant stand runnin on them i usualy run the chip trail around the golf course 3km like...dont u get bored running on the spot

dissipate
09-08-2005, 08:34 PM
i use different machines... mainly the elliptical, crosstrainer and treadmill, and perhaps bike once in a while. yeah it does get boring but i can't do cardio in our tropical weather because of my eczema.. if i lived in a cold country i'd be doing it outside.

zimbo
09-08-2005, 09:21 PM
I can't stand the cardio machines. I run 10 miles a couple times per week and bike 40 miles once or twice. Much more fun than 30 minutes on a machine.

--Steve

sLip
09-08-2005, 09:24 PM
i dont like cardio i rarely do it but its okay cuz i started out as a skinny mofo and am still gaining weight. not looking forward to when i have to cut :o

whenever i run i get shin splints, so ill usually bike, swim, or eliptical
ill also play soccer or tennis with some friends every now n then, making a game out of it makes it a lot less boring

AzBboy
09-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Hell ya tredmills suck and are so easy compared to real land running.

BG5150
09-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Wow! Five answers and, like, 4 capital letters between them! And what's a "tredmill"? And what is "ill"? Is that "ill" or "i'll"? Big difference.

Can't anyone express themselves anymore? This isn't an IM or a text message. So why not type what you mean? I fear for the future.

BG5150
09-09-2005, 12:37 AM
BTW: I'd rather run outside than on a "treadmill". I'd rather ride my bike on the trail than ride on the stationary bike. You see a hell of a lot more besides the TV.

jtteg_x
09-09-2005, 01:11 AM
i do cardio about once or twice a week and its usually on the treadmill and elliptical

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-09-2005, 04:06 AM
I can't run, so I use either my marathon bike or the cardio bike at the gym.

dissipate
09-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Wow! Five answers and, like, 4 capital letters between them! And what's a "tredmill"? And what is "ill"? Is that "ill" or "i'll"? Big difference.

Can't anyone express themselves anymore? This isn't an IM or a text message. So why not type what you mean? I fear for the future.
what are you, grammar nazi?

muscleup
09-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Only cardio I ever do is between the sheets with my fiance'.
I'm sure she would say she prefers the elliptical though...

shootermcgavin7
09-09-2005, 09:40 AM

you obvouisly undrestood teh piont of his post. thsi is a fourm abuot bodybiulding, nto spellnig.

VDubb
09-09-2005, 09:53 AM
BTW: I'd rather run outside than on a "treadmill". I'd rather ride my bike on the trail than ride on the stationary bike. You see a hell of a lot more besides the TV.

First, can you explain what "BTW" means? I already know, but I thought I'd call you on it. This isn't a text message, correct? :p

Also, your quotation marks around the word treadmill are unnecessary, as you aren't quoting anyone. Lastly, the period comes before the last quotation mark.

(I'm just messing with you - I feel the same way about message boards and horrible grammar. :) )

Anyways, I use a treadmill and recumbant bike for my cardio work. I actually prefer using the treadmill compared to outdoor running, as it's much easier on my knees.

getfit
09-09-2005, 10:21 AM
you obvouisly undrestood teh piont of his post. thsi is a fourm abuot bodybiulding, nto spellnig.
exactly !so no need to jump down on everyones throat if they make a spelling error!

sLip
09-09-2005, 02:15 PM
u kno what i meant bgs :O

fat2fit
09-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Where i live there is a gym full of CV equipment, right in the middle of the countryside in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty (protected from development). Rich people from the city pay a fortune to be members, then drive all the way out here to stay in a sweaty room and run on a machine. When they could drive out here and run/cycle round the country for FREE. I never understood that. But then most of them are the same type of people who go to MuckDonalds after the gym because they've "earned it", and stay fat baps forever.

ryuage
09-10-2005, 06:57 AM

cuz me dont care howz I spells

body
09-10-2005, 09:34 AM
i hate treadmills, rowing machine etc just boaring.

So i do grappling for my cardio.

-TIM-
09-10-2005, 09:54 AM

dont be a dik

Beast
09-11-2005, 09:51 AM
what are you, grammar nazi?
I have to admit that when I see someone typing like a pre-teen Britney wannabe, it annoys the hell out of me, too.

Back on topic. I like ellipticals for my cardio, mostly because it's easier to measure heart rate.

Also, note that running on a treadmill at a 1% incline is the same as running outside on flat land. There was a study done on this not too long ago.

Zygote
09-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Running uses by far the most calories which means its more efficient time wise so the treadmil is best.

Running outside is dangerous, apart from stupid ass drivers, pyschotic birds (in spring), pyschotic people (all the time) and idiots (who will make fun of you just for exercising) the hard surface is very damaging to your joints, ligaments and feet.

And I know, yes you can ignore the idiots, run away from the pyscho's and dodge the cars but theres no escaping the eventual injury and arthritic pain that will occur from running on hard surfaces.

Even if there was a track close by the gym would still be more convenient all things considered.

BESIDES we have treadmills and mirrors at my gym right behind the elliptical machines so I get to run and stare at beautifully curvacious bums and bouncing boobs during my run, much better then black tar, 20 year old gum and skid marks.

Zygote

fat2fit
09-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Thats one of the things that puts me off runing outside, there's plenty of off road grassy areas round here that would be softer on the joints, but then theres the danger of wrecking an ankle from putting a foot in a ditch or soft spot. I'll stick to swimming and cycling.

zimbo
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
And I know, yes you can ignore the idiots, run away from the pyscho's and dodge the cars but theres no escaping the eventual injury and arthritic pain that will occur from running on hard surfaces.

I'm sure that during the EXACT moment you posted that, somewhere on a running forum someone was writing about how damagins squats are to the joints, ligaments, and knees.

--Steve

zimbo
09-11-2005, 04:54 PM
I'll stick to swimming and cycling.

Oh yeah, no danger there ;)

--Steve

Atomical
09-11-2005, 04:58 PM

Too lazy to type out by the way and television yet you complain about other people's "inferior" grammar.

I prefer treadmills for a few simple reasons

1. It's the right temperature in the gym
2. Easier on the feet
3. If you get injured it won't take long to get home
4. No rain (This happened to me once. Not a happy memory)
5. Bathroom is close

Zygote
09-11-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm sure that during the EXACT moment you posted that, somewhere on a running forum someone was writing about how damagins squats are to the joints, ligaments, and knees.

--Steve
Sure but one of the posts would be true and other one(s) would be false :)

Zygote

caneda
09-11-2005, 11:03 PM
I definitely love to run outside more often. It just gets too damn cold in the winter, and, well, the treadmill has cable tv. My apartment doesn't. :)

BBar23
09-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Only cardio I ever do is between the sheets with my fiance'.
I'm sure she would say she prefers the elliptical though...

hahaha