PDA

View Full Version : Please review my diet

crazyaoshi
09-09-2005, 09:56 AM
This is my typical daily diet. Please let me know what you think. I am currently 83kg, last I checked [about 2 weeks ago] 11.4% bodyfat, hopefully lower now. My goal is six-pack abs or body fat 8%, whichever comes first, then I want to bulk up. Thanks in advance for your advice.

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=crazyaoshi

PS I didn't write down foods with no calories, but I drank plenty of water and oolong tea.

Manveet
09-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Need more fats.

even if you add just some fish oil.

malkore
09-09-2005, 10:29 AM
too low in fat.

why in god's name did you lift weight for 2.5 hours, and do another 2 hours of cardio????

getfit
09-09-2005, 10:31 AM
yep low in fat! and add some veggies!

Built
09-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Aim for 0.5g fat per pound LBM as a minimum - for you, around 80g per day

crazyaoshi
09-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Well this is my weekend diet, on weekdays I usually eat tofu and salmon for lunch instead of so much canned tuna. That shuld help my fat.

As for my lifting, on the weekends I feel it's very unintense. I lift just as hard as usual, but spend more time between exercises just talking to trainers. I feel it's no problem if it takes a long time, espexially since I eat a protein bar between lifting and cardio.

As for the cardio, I do 30 minutes of cross trainer at the gym. The other time is just walking around my town doing a bit of food/kitchen shopping after eating after the gym.

Will eating more fat really help me lose more fat?

Built
09-09-2005, 05:52 PM
It can, IF it's the right kinds of fat, and if you maintain a sufficient caloric deficit.

Ditch the protein bars entirely. They're crap.

crazyaoshi
09-09-2005, 06:06 PM
I read one of the articles on this site saying one of your meals should include red meat. Now I'm not a vegetarian, but fish is much easier to get here and cheaper. But if I switch one meal a day to red meat that should help my fat. Or do I want more fish/tofu/unsaturated fat?

As for the protein bars, I don't take them so much for their nutritive value but mostly because I don't eat desserts anymore and I like the taste of the bars.

Built
09-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I know, but they are junk. If you must have something, get some good chocolate and eat a few small squares after you have a meal. Or make your own bars. The commercial ones are NOTORIOUS for containing all kinds of crap that isn't listed, or for having incorrect nutrition information on them.

I wouldn't worry about adding in unsaturated fat in particular. But fish oil is great - I take 10g daily.

If beef isn't convenient, make sure you get in saturated animal fat from some other source, and you might want to supplement with creatine (although there IS creatine in fish). I find creatine very helpful on a cut. Also, make sure you get in enough salt. Although both of these will make you hold a little water, they can also both help you put on/maintain muscle.

Naab
09-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Listen to Built! On her advice alone , i started adding more healthy fats, and once i wrapped my brain behind that concept, and the fact that there is no essential carbohydrate, i have seen great improvements.

peanuts/walnuts (unsalted) along with 1/2 an avocado are now staples in my diet, along with salmon or salmon oil.....

Built
09-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey, glad you liked that Naab.

I only got into the whole "fat" thing about four years ago, and I can't believe what a difference it made over the bad old days of low-fat everything.

So nice when the diet actually starts WORKING!

crazyaoshi
09-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Well I'm eating tofu everyday. Also every weekday I eat about 200grams of salmon, should have a reasonable amount of healthy fat. Plus I'm eating a bit less fruit and instead every so often adding a spoon of peanut butter to stuff. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

Naab
09-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey, glad you liked that Naab.

I only got into the whole "fat" thing about four years ago, and I can't believe what a difference it made over the bad old days of low-fat everything.

So nice when the diet actually starts WORKING!

The biggest thing i have noticed since doing this..... i feel full, without feeling bloated.

The whole concept of eating more healthy fat to lose fat is something that i think most people don't get. The hear the word fat and think instantly.. "i can't eat that" when in reality they are eating too many carbs which end up being converted to fat anywasy...

Anyways thanks again for the advice.

I am bulking till the end of february...then it will be a four month cut...but that might be too long...

Crazyaoshi.....200g salmon a day...surely that is a misprint :ninja:

crazyaoshi
09-13-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm serious, it's not a misprint, I eat that much almost every day, usually sashimi or smoked. Is that good? Is it bad? According to nutritiondata.com it doesn't look too bad.

Naab
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm serious, it's not a misprint, I eat that much almost every day, usually sashimi or smoked. Is that good? Is it bad? According to nutritiondata.com it doesn't look too bad.

actually my bad, i thought you said 200 ounces lol.......

ur right 200g isnt' really all that much.......its less than 8 ounces of fish