PDA

View Full Version : Dieting help

Gutz981
09-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I always lift heavy and hard. But I have no idea what I need to consume in a day. I eat alot of good stuff. But I really need someone to lay a plan or give me an example of something. I have no idea how many calories I should be taking in, or how many carbs/protien/fat.

Oh yeah and before you people just say read "What a bodybuilder eats" I have and I do. However I'm not sure how much or how little of it to eat.
Thanks in advance

Built
09-13-2005, 01:30 PM
You can read the link in my sig to see how I do my diet if you like.

Wierz
09-13-2005, 01:33 PM
All I can do is tell you what I've done to gain 15ish pounds.

No less than 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, but I eat about 1.5 grams per pound. It says you weigh 155 lbs, therefore try to get at least 210-230 grams of protein per day.

Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day. Take your daily caloric needs (I'll go over this later) and split it up roughly between those 5 or 6 meals. I eat at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, and 9pm. This makes it easier to eat rather than stuffing yourself 3 times in one day. Also, I think this helps to keep your bloodsugar more stable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that, plz.

Your daily caloric needs is trickier and only something that you can figure out, but I can give you a rough outline. You need to pay attention to the scale, and what you eat. Count the calories you eat in a day. As in, add them up. For your height and weight I would start around 3400-3600 calories. For a few weeks of eating this amount, track your weight. If you are gaining weight, you're in caloric surplus and you should keep going - don't forget to continually add calories slowly over the weeks. If you aren't gaining weight or losing weight and/or strength, you need to find a way to eat more calories to stimulate your body to add weight. Here is what my eating day looks like:

8am: Opticen Shake with 2% milk - 750 calories

11am: Chicken breast with some carb source (pasta, crackers, etc) - 600 calories

2pm: Chicken breast with carb source (pasta, crackers, fruit) - 700 calories

4pm: Pork Chops/Chicken with carb source - 650 calories

6pm: Chicken and salad and fruit - 650 calories

9pm: Either a smaller Opticen Shake (600 calories) or 2 Hard boiled eggs, small amt of chicken, and some pasta - 600 calories.

Total Calories: 3950
Protein: Around 210 grams roughly.

I am by no means an expert, but I think that will give you a good place to start from.

Gutz981
09-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys.