PDA

View Full Version : Need A Little Help...Kinda Long

Shobe
09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Well heres the deal. I'm currently 5' 11". I weigh 178. I'm on a cutting diet for a long time now and I can't seem to shake this last little bit of fat at the end of my stomach and on my chest. The top of my chest is hard, but the bottom and the sides are fatty & saggy??? And I have a little pouch of fat at the end of my stomach. I'm very strict with my diet. I have no cheat meals or days. I'm just getting frustrated, because I can't move up in my lifting and I can't seem to lose this last bit of fat. I lift 3 days a week and do cardio first thing in the morning on a empty stomach 3 days a week. Help! Here's my diet and workout schedule:

8:30 a.m. Breakfast: 4 egg whites & oatmeal or grape nuts
9:15: Workout; then consume 100% whey shake
Lunch: Either turkey, tuna or chicken on 100% whole wheat bread, piece of fruit & tablespoon of natty peanut butter
Dinner: Either boneless, skinless chicken. Turkey or steak with brown rice & veggies.

Workout Schedule:
Day 1- Chest & Tris
Day 2- Back/Bi's
Day 3- Cardio for 15-20 minutes on empty stomach first thing in morning
Day 4- Shoulders/Traps, abs
Day 5-Cardio again; legs
Day6- Cardio again; abs
Day7- Rest

Unreal
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
How many calories a day are you taking in? How much you eat is just as important as what you eat. If your eating 2 cups of eats, a 600 calorie shake, etc then your not going to be dropping weight.

eastbaylifter
09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
No cheat meals or days? Believe it or not, that could be part of the problem. If you've been ultra-consistent on your diet for too long, your weight loss will plateau. Try adding some cheat days, or actually ADD 200-300 calories/day to your diet. Make sure you're doing compound movements on your weights (squats, deads, etc.) and go HEAVY on the weights. These things will help overcome the plateau. Oh yeah, and Unreal is right...calculate your BMR and compare it to the calorie intake to make sure you've been in a slight calorie deficit up to now.

Unreal
09-13-2005, 06:23 PM
I use to just "eat healthy". Chicken breast, turkey, whole wheat. When I bought a scale and started measuring stuff, I didn't realize I was eating 16-20oz of chicken in a sitting. Add a salad with dressing (probably 1/4 cup or more of dressing) and some whole wheat bread and it was an easy 1000+ calorie meal. Portions control is huge, so make sure you know how much of the above stuff your eating.

Shobe
09-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh I'm definately not eating huge portions thats for sure.

muscleup
09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Just bulk, everyones doing it. :evillaugh

No, seriously though. If you want your lifts to increase, chances are it's not going to happen on a calorie deficit.
Maybe go back up to maintenance cals for a couple weeks, and then go back into a deficit like eastbaylifter said.