PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needsa Little Help, LoL

New_Sport
09-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey, I was thinking of bulking up, I was wondering how I should go about this.. I just turned 14 years old, I'm 110 pounds and I'm 5'3. I'm very athletic. I am on the track and field team and boxing. I have a pack showing.
Now that I'm cut, how should I go about bulking up? I used to eat about 1300 cal a day as well as jogging, sports etc. And I was losing 1 pound every week. I'm very low body fat and pretty much all muscle. I just bought some whey protein and I'm ready to begin bulking up. I'm thinking of going from 110 to about 130 pounds of pure muscle. Is this regimine any good? Keep in mind that I have no intention of body building because I am in boxing. (I've heard it can slooow me down). Mostly I will just be doing little weight with like 20 reps of the most weight that I can.

Wake Up - Deliver the papers (1 hr of carrying 20 pounds on my shoulders)

8:30 I have my breakfast which is: a cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of skim milk and 1/2 scoop of whey protein mix. (275 calories)

9:00 I go to school.

12:00- This is when I have lunch in the cafeteria. Here I have 2 cups of rice with 1/2 scoop of whey protein in a 500 ml thing of water. (525 calories)

I get out of school at 3:00 and I heat up a cup of rice, some veggies and a steak. I have another 1/2 cup of whey protein in a 500 ml container of water. (600 calories)

By the time I eat and do my homework it's time for boxing. Which starts at 5:00.

At boxing it's running. 4x3 minutes of bag work. 30 sec break. 4x3 minutes of skipping 30 sec break. 4x3 minutes of shadow boxing (no break) cuts into 4x3 minutes of running on the spot and jumping jacks. 4 rounds of circuit (30 seconds of pushups, situps, burpees, jumping jacks, running on the spot, straight punching.) Then ab work. This is an hour and a half.

I come home, do some weightlifting for about a half an hour. Basically until I can't do it anymore lol.

Then I get a shower and it's 8:00. At 8 I have 3/4 cup of oatmeal and a half cup of skim milk and a whole scoop of protein mix (my body craves the protein afterwards, right?) (300 calories)

Then, before I go to bed I have a tsp of peanut butter. Good fat for my body to feed on while I sleep, right? (100 calories)

I go to boxing from mon-thurs and then on the weekend I just do some weightlifting and some jogging. Good routine?

Total calories for a day is about 1800. So I bump from 1300 a day to 1800. Is this good for bulking up from 110 pounds to 130 pounds of pure muscle?

getfit
09-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Eat More! Eat Way More! you're 14 just eat everything you can get your hands on!

Anthony
09-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Read these:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65849

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848

And every article related to gaining weight in here:

http://www.wannabebig.com/category.php?cat=2

HILL
09-14-2005, 01:04 PM
id go for 2000 cals atleast keep your protein to atleast 1g per pound of body weight. Keep your rep range between 12-15 i wouldnt do 20 reps really. id also have some protein before bed as well as that peanut butter

New_Sport
09-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks guys, I was wondering aswell. How do I get my body fat %? Do I see a doctor and get him to tell me? How does this work?

Anthony
09-14-2005, 05:04 PM
A few ways ... if your gym uses calipers, you can get them to do it. If they use bioelectrical impedance, don't bother. You can also buy your own calipers (I recommend the digital ones), or you can check with your local university and see if they can give you a hydrostatic weighing.

Optimum08
09-14-2005, 07:27 PM
there can't be that much muscle in that 110 pounds...i think i weighed that much when i was like 8 or 9...eat anything and everything u can get your hands on...you shouldn't be worried about getting "fat" at this point...

bigedge
09-14-2005, 11:02 PM
i think you're eating way to much whey. its a supplement not a replacement. try some eggs or some more meat

New_Sport
09-15-2005, 12:10 PM
there can't be that much muscle in that 110 pounds...i think i weighed that much when i was like 8 or 9...eat anything and everything u can get your hands on...you shouldn't be worried about getting "fat" at this point...

Afraid I have to disagree here. I am stronger in arm wrestling, situps, lifting weight and cardio then almost everybody my grade that weighs more than me, if this means anything. You can see my abs and my muscles are defined.