PDA

View Full Version : HIIT on a bulk?

Jorge Sanchez
09-14-2005, 07:36 PM
I've noticed that some people advocate doing HIIT on a bulk to keep fat gain to a minimum. I know that HIIT is better than straight cardio for saving muscle on a cut, but on a bulk aren't HIIT and regular cardio essentially the same thing. Both burn calories so wouldn't doing either just burn off extra fat and muscle-building calories?

Intuitively I don't understand how HIIT on a bulk could limit fat gains while simultaneously allowing for maximum muscle growth.

Any help is appreciated.

fixationdarknes
09-14-2005, 07:38 PM
HIIT is meant to help your body to burn fat more efficiently, so it's a bit more than just the calorie burning during your HIIT session. Go ahead and do it, but make sure you keep eating above maintenance.

MixmasterNash
09-14-2005, 07:52 PM
HIIT is much harder but more time efficient.

Nosaj
09-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I believe I've read that HITT encourages anabolic gains while regular cardio (30min+) is catabolic. If you're bulking, then HITT is recommended of the two options. However, if you're bulking, both HITT and regular cardio will be burning calories, and I know fat gains suck, but you can't JUST lose fat and not muscle. I hate being fat, but I don't do any cardio as I'm bulking, because it slows down the process, just hold on to as much strength as possible while cutting (HITT during a cut would be a good way to get back in shape) would be my advice. Good luck on whatever you choose is right for you.

Jorge Sanchez
09-14-2005, 08:20 PM
if you're bulking, both HITT and regular cardio will be burning calories, and I know fat gains suck, but you can't JUST lose fat and not muscle.
That's what I thought. I think I'll just gain another 5-10lbs and then cut.

I am not looking forward to it.

Nosaj
09-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Go Fatty, Go Fatty, Go! :clap: