PDA

View Full Version : restauraunts

tigo
09-15-2005, 12:42 AM
hey do you guys have any tips on how to eat during a cut at a restauraunt?

i usually dont but its my friends bday and we're eating at a benihana

getfit
09-15-2005, 12:46 AM
since it's your friends b-day why not enjoy your meal and forget about the cut for one day!

HILL
09-15-2005, 03:16 AM
take a day out, if you cutting a treat can help more than anything. at the moment im cutting so if i no im going out like it was my parents anniversary the other day i left myself 800 cals for the meal so i can have what i like but im still hitting my cals for the day.

Shao-LiN
09-15-2005, 08:03 PM
How much fat you expecting to gain from one meal? My advice? Chalk it up as a cheat meal and be happy. If you really want to stick to your cut, then just use your judgment to eat as sensibly as possible.

Meatplow
09-15-2005, 10:09 PM
If you really want to salvage your diet, avoid meals that sound like a lot of condiments/oils/crap is neccessary to make them.

Stick to s**t like a lean cut of steak or a chicken breast, alongside some steamed/boiled vegetables or a salad.

tigo
09-16-2005, 03:50 AM
we ended up going to a mexican place and i at a big and lean looking carne asada steak
mmmmmmmm :]

ShockBoxer
09-16-2005, 08:02 AM
My friends (and in particular girlfriend) love eating out. It's much less now than it was (once a week, sometimes twice... so that says something about how much it was before).

If I know I'm going out I just bank some calories. I like to leave 1000 free for dinner/evening eating regardless (I work out at night) and most meals can fit into that, easy. Get chicken, preferably non-battered. Avoid the ceaser salad. Get a baked potato instead of fries.

Or... don't. Seriously, you'd have to whip off a 3500 calorie meal to gain a pound. That's like eating two steak and pancake combos, four eggs, two cups of chocolate milk, and two pieces of cheesecake from Smitty's.

Even eating out as often as I do I rarely go above 2100 calories, which should still be within my maintenance range (180 lb) if not cut range. Of course, I haven't lost a pound in 8 weeks of cutting so... don't go out all the time.