PDA

View Full Version : Challenge to the Experts

ShockBoxer
09-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I need some help drawing up a diet. Not so hard, I know, and check What a Bodybuilder Eats, I know... it's printed out and is my grocery list for the most part. I'm having a hard time pulling it all together and need a hand.

The criteria:
- Six meals, three of which must be transportable to work.
- Weight is 180 on the home scale. Target is 170 on the home scale. Metabolism is on the brutally slow side. I am closer to endomorph than meso.
- I have an intestinal disorder of some sort. Anything that says 'whole wheat' is out. I can't digest it. Same for rye and barley.
- Vegtables are mostly out, as above. Celery, most types of beans, carrots, and peas are known safe. Corn is right out. Brocolli stalk only. Potatoes are hit and miss on the 'argh, my intestinal tract is on fire'-o-meter. Mostly safe.
- Walnuts are right out. Peanuts are ok. Almonds I've never eaten more than three or four at a time.
- 1500 to 2200 mg sodium. I'm fighting high blood-pressure (and winning!)
- less than 300mg chloresterol. I'm fighting high chloresterol (and have no idea if I'm winning).
- I have 50 dollars a week canadian for food. This must feed two people for breakfast, lunch, and supper and me for the other three meals.
- Any 'snack' food that needs refridgeration, like grapes, will be mercilessly devoured within seconds of being purchased by my girlfriend. She checks the fridge four times a night to see if food has magically appeared there. Classic ectomorphs can get away with so much it hurts. Keep 'munchy' suggestions to things that can be safely locked in my 'dog food' cupboard with my peanuts and whey.
- Speaking of whey assume one scoop a day of ON whey. I get 20% off so I buy it exclusively. A 31 scoop container does NOT need to be factored into the grocery price. It's in my maxed out gym budget.

HILL
09-16-2005, 04:37 PM
id say without putting loadsa of thought into it for like hours scrap a solid food diet and go all shakes if you can. Oats,peanut butter,milk and whey each shake can be 700 cals,500 cals,1000 cals. this is really cheap but some will not recomend it. If you wanna stick with solid food id go tuna, potatoe if you can, carrot sticks??, beans(u can have 1 tin tuna and 1 tin beans as a meal possibly), erm use turkey instead of chicken and buy in BULK if you can.

RBC13
09-17-2005, 06:19 PM
I think that its your job to decide how to manage your life. You need a more specific question for us, that is what you woud tell a PT or dietician.

Praetorian
09-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Dude, no one is going to make a diet for you.

YOU should set one up and check in here when you have a more specific question.

ShockBoxer
09-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Fair enough. Getting the limitations written down in some form was as much for me as anyone. I've been working on a few and I have one that fits all my criteria. Just need at least two more so I don't get sick of eating the same meals every day (that, or hit a cook book and find a few alternate ways to prepare 'em.)

BG5150
09-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Plus, throwing the 50$c for two people restraint is asking us to help with the budget...

And 20% off ON Whey? Hook me up (please)!

ShockBoxer
09-18-2005, 05:15 AM
Well, 50 bucks a week isn't help with the budget... it is the budget. It's the biggest limiting factor to eating healthy. I just figured since a lot of people here have families they might have some tips to avoid eating themselves out of house and home.

As for the whey discount ... Gold Card membership at this place in one of the malls. I can never remember the name. Knocks the price before tax from 32 bucks to 26. It's especially good on whey.. other things (supps, power bars, natural foods, etc) it averages about 10% off.