PDA

View Full Version : My Diet. Critique Please!

BigBody85
09-17-2005, 05:06 AM
Im 6'0" 215lbs. Im trying to 'trim' up. I want to tone up my muscles, maybe gain alittle mass, and cut off some more fat. Here's how my meal plan looks so far.

Meal 1: 5 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1 cup of Oatmeal, Protien Shake(with milk and natty pb), and Fish oil pill.

Meal 2: 1 cup of strawberry lowfat yogart.

Meal 3: 2 Chicken breast sandwiches, 3 slices each (Ya its sliced meat from the deli, I bought 2lbs worth so I gotta eat it), on wheat bread, Protien Shake(with milk and natty pb) and Fish oil pill.

Meal 3: 2 Bananas

Meal 4: 1 can of tuna, with a scoop of mayo, Protien Shake(with milk and natty pb) and Fish oil pill.

Meal 5: ?????

Total Cals: 2307
Protien: 226g
Fat: 58g
Carbs: 222

Im trying to loose atleast 20lbs by december. Im also working out 3 days a week, and doing cardio 3 days a week.

Any comments/suggestions? Im practically new to this, so any advice at all would be appriciated.

getfit
09-17-2005, 05:45 AM
add veggies to your diet!

also take a look at our "best of diet and nutrition threads"

ZDrax
09-17-2005, 12:55 PM
A few things...

1. I don't eat refined grain products outside of my PWO window. Read "Nutrient Timing" by John Berardi. This, more than any other thing I've done with my diet, has assured my success. If you can get rid of the sandwhiches and replace that with a piece of fruit or more vegetables, do that. Remember, the key here is synergy, so while those few pieces of bread aren't "bad," they aren't ideal. For extraordinary results, you must live in an extraordinary manner.

2. Veggies. More veggies.

3. More "good" fats (olive oil, nuts [not peanuts], fish oil, flax oil, etc.)

The simplest and easiest way is to structure your diet around your workouts. You can take advantage of all the wonderful hormonal responses associated with exercise, and if you're new enough, lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Built
09-17-2005, 12:57 PM
:withstupi

My cut really took off when I incorporated these strategies.

Manveet
09-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Protein looks okay, although a little bit more wouldn't hurt.

You could use a little more healthy fat. Instead of 1 fish oil pill, how about at least 6.

Other than that, looks fine.

If you have a problem with hunger on a diet, incorporate some veggies.

I would also recommend a multivitamin.

Scottyboy
09-17-2005, 11:16 PM
If he's trying to lose weight I don't think he has much room to add more protein and fat, since he is already at almost 2400 calories with only 4 meals.

Built
09-18-2005, 12:03 AM
He would replace some of the carb with fat and or protein.