PDA

View Full Version : So I cheated BIG time last night xD

rookies
09-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Well, last night I went out with a few friends and had a few beers and then one of my friend came up with this excellent idea of mass-consuming Macdonalds at 2.30 a.m. in the morning.

Before I realized what I was doing..lets see, I had 2 big hotdogs, Big Tasty, 2 portion of fries and a big milkshake.. :burger:

Haha, I ve been cutting for about 3 months and last night was the first time, I totally eat crap food like that since new year's eve probably, it was all junk food, tons of sugar and unhealthy fat.

On the way back home, I kinda felt real bad and guilty about it and my friends said that Im way too obsessed about training and diet and stuffs.

Well, I got up this morning, I must say that the guy is right.
Surely I do take my training and diet seriously but I'm not a pro BBer, sometimes I gotta jump "out-of-mode" and kinda enjoy life. One cheat day is not gonna kill me right? :cool: The sixpack is still there and oh boy..The meal was SOO great.
Now I actually feel sane once again and can survive another 1-2 months of cutting :)

So has any of you also come to this kind of situation when you just have to take your mind out of everything and just enjoy what life has to offer?

getfit
09-17-2005, 09:40 AM
don't feel bad! no biggie on having a cheat once in awhile!

Built
09-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I actually build cheat days right into my cuts - usually about every two or three weeks, dependind on how I'm progressing.

You must be enjoying some WICKED pumps today!

muscleup
09-17-2005, 09:56 AM
For some reason I have no desire to "cheat" by going to M'D's. Not even for one
happymeal.
Doesn't even sound good anymore.
I consider "cheating" going to subway, or out to dinner for a steak and potato considering I have no idea what goes on in the kitchen when they make the food.

If I don't physically make it, or see someone make it...that food is cheat food to me.

rookies
09-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Hell yeah! I feel top today! my mood is great. I no longer feel small-hungry between meals.
I've been having a problem with my appetite the whole last week, when I was in school, I kept looking at my watch counting hours remaining until the next meal.

But today, I actually had to remind myself to eat to still keep up with my diet plan.

Built
09-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Here's a tip: plan your next one.

I like mine to coincide with a heavy leg workout, or the day before one.

spanky33
09-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Yea dont worry about it.

And to be honest, it wasn't that big of a cheat...

rookies
09-17-2005, 10:05 AM
For some reason I have no desire to "cheat" by going to M'D's. Not even for one
happymeal.
Doesn't even sound good anymore.
I consider "cheating" going to subway, or out to dinner for a steak and potato considering I have no idea what goes on in the kitchen when they make the food.

If I don't physically make it, or see someone make it...that food is cheat food to me.

Me neither, my definition of a cheat day is something like say, I have been eating 2200 kcal a day, 500 less than my maintainance. If im gonna have a cheat day, I would probably eat 3500 -4000 kcal that day but it still has to be food that i know what the heck is in there and I can still find out the kcal it has.

But since I didnt plan to go to M.D. and it was just something that came up at the moment, so now I dont feel that bad :)
Last night was probably the only one time I stepped my foot in M.D. in this year.

Built
09-17-2005, 10:07 AM
I just ballpark it when I have my cheat days. Just to get an idea of how easily I could get fat again LOL!

rookies
09-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Here's a tip: plan your next one.

I like mine to coincide with a heavy leg workout, or the day before one.

Thanks, built
I have read about cheat day might be benefitial to spike thing up a little and keep you sane. But since, my cutting has shown really great result in the last 3 months, I dont think i would change it now, if it still works.
You know, dont fix it if it's not broken.
But I'm sure, cheat day has certain place in diet and time will come when it may be handy

Built
09-17-2005, 10:12 AM
It can stimulate your metabolism. I do 'em regularly. But always, planned.

rookies
09-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Yea dont worry about it.

And to be honest, it wasn't that big of a cheat...

yah..I know, but imagine if you have been living off tuna,chicken breast, fiber bread like me. That meal felt like cocain.

I'm the most uncreative person ever, when it comes to cooking. But the good thing about me is I can keep eating the same sh*t everyday for months without complaining a word

the doc
09-17-2005, 10:20 AM
my favorite cheat day regimen (which I only do on leg days) consists of pizza (supreme of course) followed by a heavy dose of ben n juerrys

I usually feel so bloated and glutonous afterwards that I counldn't possibly do it again for at least a week or so.

It does help me keep my santity though

getfit
09-17-2005, 10:22 AM
my favorite cheat day regimen (which I only do on leg days) consists of pizza (supreme of course) followed by a heavy dose of ben n juerrys

I usually feel so bloated and glutonous afterwards that I counldn't possibly do it again for at least a week or so.

It does help me keep my santity though
doc that's it ;) i think you can do better then that!

the doc
09-17-2005, 10:28 AM
lol... yeah but you have to understand I cut with a ketogenic diet system so take all of the carb induced bloating and gas and multiply it x 10
:fart:

Fitnessfreak
09-17-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm planning mine for my B-day (next tuesday). Its been a good 2 and a half weeks since I started my cut. Since I'm seeing great results I'll just have a little cake and some drinks maybe a good cup of French vanilla at Timmies.

Built
09-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey there fitnessfreak - nice to see you posting again.

Go crazy on your birthday. I go at least a thousand calories over on my cheat days. So far, so good.

:)

getfit
09-17-2005, 11:59 AM
lol... yeah but you have to understand I cut with a ketogenic diet system so take all of the carb induced bloating and gas and multiply it x 10
:fart:
:fart: x10 ;)

rookies
09-17-2005, 12:16 PM
My B-day is coming up soon too, and my mom is gonna bake a hell of of cakes as always. Cant even thing of refusing to taste a piece or maybe two, when the old lady spends the whole afternoon preparing for this quality family evening =D

getfit
09-17-2005, 12:39 PM
My B-day is coming up soon too, and my mom is gonna bake a hell of of cakes as always. Cant even thing of refusing to taste a piece or maybe two, when the old lady spends the whole afternoon preparing for this quality family evening =D
mine as well i plan to eat every cake i can get my hands on and party it up! :)

darkdan
09-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I have a cheat day every Sunday.....when I consume a whole large pizza by myself.

Which is why I try to do squats on sundays so I can write that meal off as the ultimate post workout meal.

FatBBQ
09-17-2005, 06:16 PM
My cheat day is on Saturday night... I don't even bother counting the calories in there, because if I did, I would probably be upset, so, I try to forget about it. It usually consists of a lot of cheese... I love cheese... this restaurant Leona's has these super gigantic cheese sticks... someone needs to eat them, so, it might as well be me ^^.

But as mentioned, it does stimulate metabolism. I have better cutting results often with that fun cheat day thrown in there. Actually... its Saturday night... hmmm, Leona's time. Adios! *^_^*

getfit
09-17-2005, 06:40 PM
My cheat day is on Saturday night... I don't even bother counting the calories in there, because if I did, I would probably be upset, so, I try to forget about it. It usually consists of a lot of cheese... I love cheese... this restaurant Leona's has these super gigantic cheese sticks... someone needs to eat them, so, it might as well be me ^^.

But as mentioned, it does stimulate metabolism. I have better cutting results often with that fun cheat day thrown in there. Actually... its Saturday night... hmmm, Leona's time. Adios! *^_^*
you shouldn't be upset just enjoy! don't even think about it!

trust me i enjoy every little cheat i take!

Woodward
09-17-2005, 07:48 PM
I just started my cut almost 2 weeks ago, and about a half hour ago I had my cheat.. a HUGE piece of Cold Stone Ice cream cake.. I feel like crap mentally and physically now, but it was so good. My next planned cheat is Papa Johns. :nod:

tigo
09-17-2005, 08:12 PM
big mexican steak burritos

............:D

CarlP
09-17-2005, 09:24 PM
You know, I'm actually looking forward to cutting. I hate force feeding. Eating a few hundred calories under maintenance level would be a dream come true to me. The only "cheating" I do is skip a meal when I'm too full.

ZDrax
09-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Albanat0r, I'm a bit concerned about your caloric intake. I'm currently in a hypocaloric state, in the midst of a cut, and I'm consuming more calories than you are... at 142lbs. I would start much, much higher, around 2800 calories to be honest. What I would focus on would be food selection. Jumping too quickly into a diet can depress your metabolism like crazy.